General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Cleavage doesn't belong at work, but if it's outside of work and you are dressing to get attention, then go for it!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

You might also want to check and make sure you aren't showing more than you think. I am not afraid of a V neck, but they can gape when you move if you're not careful. Wrap tops are especially precarious. When in doubt, get the cami out!
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #18  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saef View Post
So who's the lucky guy?
Saef, I love you today. I have been following you all over the place and you are on a roll.

Small print: The lucky guy never sees me clothed. It's gym-wear only. *sigh* I have a bad, bad, bad crush. So the cleavage is not for him. But the biceps in tank tops are!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:21 PM   #19  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Sending some love right back, Eliana. It's inspiring to see you happy & excited & blossoming during this time of change.

If I'm on a roll at 3FC, it means I'm working from home, so no one can see the screen over my shoulder, and I'm procrastinating like crazy on a big scary project. (This one is due on Monday to a Rome-based analyst whom I call "Mr. Cookie" because his last name is Biscotti. Not to his face, of course. I need to focus on it soon or it will ruin my weekend, which I don't want to happen.)

Is this your big secret that you're keeping? Your crush at the gym?

Breasts are not such an asset at the gym. They get strapped down & flattened into submission.

At least your guy has probably seen you sweaty already, rather than perfectly made-up, every little tendril of hair sprayed into place & in full costume. He won't think the morning-after look is so different from your usual face. ;-)

Last edited by saef; 03-16-2011 at 10:21 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #20  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Very tempted to just say "if you got it, flaunt it." I assume you're not falling out of your shirts since you seem like someone who is very self aware of how much is "showing." If you're well endowed, cleavage happens with even modest to normal cut shirts. I would imagine you know what is and isn't safe for work clothing-wise. They probably stare because your new clothes show it off. While I don't really understand cleavage (I wear Band-Aids as "bras" under revealing tops) I would never recommend slouching to hide yourself to anyone, ever. So shoulders back and carry yourself with pride!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 AM   #21  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

I think you should post a picture so we can judge if your outfit is appropriate.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 07:40 AM   #22  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I think you should post a picture so we can judge if your outfit is appropriate.
Funny.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #23  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
I was waiting for someone to say that!

Seriously though. Boobs are nothing to be ashamed of, wear them with pride. You don't see the guys looking b/c they do it covertly. The women are probably wondering if you had them done and if they should ask for the name of your surgeon. Take it as a compliment b/c I don't think they'd stare otherwise.

Last edited by 4star; 03-17-2011 at 10:33 AM.
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #24  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4star View Post
... wear them with pride. You don't see the guys looking b/c they do it covertly. The women are probably wondering if you had them done and if they should ask for the name of your surgeon. Take it as a compliment b/c I don't think they'd stare otherwise.
I've always been envious of smaller boobs, so this just blows my mind, but you are probably right!
Old 03-17-2011, 11:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Rock those boobs! Nothing wrong with some cleavage, for sure. It's socially acceptable and it projects self confidence. Be happy to be who you are, and be proud of your body.
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #26  
I am in control.

Height: 5'9

I would say go for it! As long as it's not office-trashy LOL!!

I have huge knockers (34GG) and a teeny tiny waist, so when I wear form-fitting shirts my girls are OUT there. I don't do cleavage shirts because there's just way too much, but I do wear somewhat form-fitting tops when I feel comfortable in them and feel they aren't too clingy. However, today is an uncomfortable day for me clothing-wise, so I'm glad I found this post. Today I am wearing a black turtleneck top with short sleeves, and it is a little too form-fitting. I feel soooo uncomfortable wearing it because my boobs are totally sticking out, and I probably won't wear it again to work, but at least I know now what I am comfortable with! Or maybe I will keep wearing it until I make myself feel comfortable in it...I say keep wearin' what's darin'!! I've been working hard for this body!! LOL!

Last edited by Emme; 03-17-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Emme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:46 PM   #27  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Personally, I have NO problem with cleavage ........
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I am uncomfortable with revealing shirts also. All throughout high school I wore super baggy t-shirts (even though I could have shown my body off more). I just was always self-conscious about my body. It helped me to have a boyfriend that, yeah, does love my boobs - but he wants them to stay at home, not say "HI!" to every guy on the street. I don't like that, but I don't wear baggy t-shirts anymore, though. A happy medium!
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:59 AM   #29  
Calorie counter

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrane View Post
I am uncomfortable with revealing shirts also. All throughout high school I wore super baggy t-shirts (even though I could have shown my body off more). I just was always self-conscious about my body. It helped me to have a boyfriend that, yeah, does love my boobs - but he wants them to stay at home, not say "HI!" to every guy on the street. I don't like that, but I don't wear baggy t-shirts anymore, though. A happy medium!
I think anyone my age (maybe 33-43 ???) may feel self-concious because the STYLE back in high school and college for me was baggy! The bigger the better! This was back in the Cosby era when we girls wouldn't be caught dead shopping in the women's department. We shopped in the men's department. We wore our boyfriends clothes! We wore tight pants, but then we dropped gigantic shirts over them. So during those years when I might have shown off, it was all about covering it all up.

I never quite got out of that. LOL!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
I think anyone my age (maybe 33-43 ???) may feel self-concious because the STYLE back in high school and college for me was baggy! The bigger the better! This was back in the Cosby era when we girls wouldn't be caught dead shopping in the women's department. We shopped in the men's department. We wore our boyfriends clothes! We wore tight pants, but then we dropped gigantic shirts over them. So during those years when I might have shown off, it was all about covering it all up.

I never quite got out of that. LOL!
Ha! So true. The huge sweater with the leggings. I look back at photos and wonder why the heck I had on things that were 4 sizes too big, and then I remember that everyone did!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote