General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #16  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

That's a wonderfully uplifting story - thanks for sharing!

Luckily I have never lost money. I have also never found money, but if I did I would do everything I could to return it. As a clerk, people constantly give me too much. Just the other day, a man gave me 2 $100 bills thinking it was only one, and as soon as I realized it, I gave the extra money back. I can't help but wonder if everyone would do the same... You just never know whether or not that's all the money a person has, ya know? Doing the right thing feels a lot better than the guilt that would come from spending money that I knew belonged to someone else.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:49 AM   #17  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

That is such a terrific story! Thank you so much for sharing it. It reconfirms my belief in the goodness of humanity.

I follow the "pay it forward" idea and I do things weekly for strangers, not looking for any kind of accolades. The feeling I get inside, knowing that I've helped others is worth every minute.

There truly are good people in the world. As another poster put it, they just seldom report the good stuff. It seems no one wants to hear it. They'd rather hear about Charlie Sheen or Lindsay Lohan. Well, I thank you. You made my day by sharing this story.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

I'm so happy for you!
Unfortunately, two days ago I had my wallet stolen but luckily I had no cash it in. I always keep my cash in a different part of the purse. I still had to report my credit cards, insurance, and debit card missing but the debit card is what really hurts
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

They probably didn't even look through the wallet to realize there was money in there. People who do the right thing just return it, which is what I think many people do end up doing or their consciousness would never let them sleep through the night again!

I'm so glad it worked out well for you.
Purplefirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 160/157/120

Height: 5'1"

Stories like this make me believe that the world is still a nice place to live in. Thanks for sharing this.
marianne78 is offline   Reply With Quote