General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 128

Height: 5'5"

Wow do you ever have that right. thanks for the giggle too, so right!
I may have to steal this quote from you. A very good friend of ours, him and his wife both have been on diets since we've known them, his gut hangs OVER his belt on then some and he doesn't seem to notice he's THAT heavy. Women are WAY harder on themselves, we are our own worse critic. I know, I look in the mirror lately and make way too many comparisons from yester year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Heck no. Men are just happy to know that a woman is interested in taking her clothes off for him. We are far harder on ourselves than we need to be. Men are pretty simple. Naked lady = good. Naked lady wants to be in room with me = awesome
Mortisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #17  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I apologize for not reading everything but I just wanted to say - Men don't focus on anything the way we do!
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:34 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Naked lady = good. Naked lady wants to be in room with me = awesome
Eh, I think guys may feel that way in the moment, but it doesn't stop them from dogging on you to their friends later. It hasn't happened to me personally (that I know of). But I've heard guys talk about how gross this and that chick were that they slept with.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:19 PM   #19  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

NO ONE focuses on our bellies like we do. Not men, not other women, and not the family cat/dog/iguana. That's something to remember.

It is incredibly hard though, especially when you're having naked time and spending half of it worrying about your belly flopping around. But unless your man is an Apollo-esque god with a ripped six-pack, chances are he's a little self conscious about his own tummy too. Society dictates that unless you have a concave stomach you are a subhuman, but most of us frankly aren't built that way!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #20  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Height: 5'5

Devil's advocate here --

My guy is just as capable of seeing my flaws, as I am. Stomach, skin, whatever. Some he couldn't care less about, some he would prefer improved. I could say the same about his body. And I absolutely disagree that men as a gender are so "simple" that naked = good. Naked doesn't always equal good. Naked can very well equal "I'd prefer not to.." depending on the context of the relationship, and the people involved. I'd also argue that not all men are so desperate to get laid that they'd do anything in front of them, whether bits are wobbly or not.

I think we need to give men much more credit - and ourselves.

/soapbox
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #21  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

I agree with the above. If men were so simplistic it would be easy to manipulate them into bed by just undressing and I know for fact that's not true. I think there are guys that care about what we look like and I totally disagree that "NO ONE focuses on our bellies like we do" because I've known far too many people in general that just didn't give a dam and I certainly noticed and cared.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

My husband is very attracted to a flat stomach. That being said, I have never had a flat stomach, I am working on that right now. Lol. So while they might focus on it, I have found they really like confidence over anything else. So go out and be confident in yourself and your belly no matter what you think about it! That confidence will be the most attractive quality
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
NO ONE focuses on our bellies like we do. Not men, not other women, and not the family cat/dog/iguana. That's something to remember.
Other women totally do, though. If I had a dollar for every time a woman came up to me at the gym to talk to me about my stomach and how I got it to look that way, I could have retired by now. Women notice everything. They know when you've changed you hair, when you're wearing a new ring, when they haven't seen your shoes before.... In fact, if it weren't for other women, I probably wouldn't feel self-conscious at the gym on those days when my stomach isn't quite as flat as it normally would be.

Men, however, have never started a conversation with me about my stomach. And I know a couple of them who didn't notice when one of our friends changed her hair color from black to white.

No, that's not fair. They knew something was different, but they just couldn't figure out what it was....

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-12-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 160/135/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskinomad View Post
Devil's advocate here --

My guy is just as capable of seeing my flaws, as I am. Stomach, skin, whatever. Some he couldn't care less about, some he would prefer improved. I could say the same about his body. And I absolutely disagree that men as a gender are so "simple" that naked = good. Naked doesn't always equal good. Naked can very well equal "I'd prefer not to.." depending on the context of the relationship, and the people involved. I'd also argue that not all men are so desperate to get laid that they'd do anything in front of them, whether bits are wobbly or not.

I think we need to give men much more credit - and ourselves.

/soapbox

Oh and I agree with this. Men don't always want sex, men don't just like to see any naked body. They actually have thoughts and preferences and *shock* self control! haha
Ashley829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Okay, but men know what you look like with clothes on. There isn't a corset or girdle or other torture device that will make you look both 30 pounds lighter and 10 years younger while wearing it. Any man who is into you enough (with clothes on) to get naked with you is going to have some idea what is hiding under your clothes. And once it gets to that point, yes, "this chick wants to get naked with me" will far outweigh "this chick did not pose for Playboy today" until morning after regrets, or his friends start ragging him about it. That's when the inner 12 year old comes out and he starts tearing her down. . .
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #26  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

You guys are making me feeling better, inadvertently. LOL! I have no plans to just hop in bed with anyone! So yeah, I need to stop worrying. Any guy who does end up seeing my belly will not be the sort who will revert to a 12 year old with his guy friends. He'll be the type to knock their blocks off for being so immature themselves.

You're also making me realize I have lots and lots of time to get this belly thing as fixed as I can. I don't need to have a perfect belly for a first, second or even 10th date! LOL!
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 250 (Sept 2009)/177/150

Height: 5' 9"

Be careful, that illusive guy may be closer than you think. I was resolved to be single forever and I'm now waiting for a guy to get back from vacation and our first date is next week. It can happen faster than you think. I'm just planning on darkness so he can't see my belly.
Jesse Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #28  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Um...is sleeping together just expected these days? I've been with only one man. I'm finding this whole thread a bit intimidating.

...12 years married, newly divorcing, 36 years old.

Last edited by Eliana; 01-13-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliana View Post
Um...is sleeping together just expected these days? I've been with only one man. I'm finding this whole thread a bit intimidating.

...12 years married, newly divorcing, 36 years old.
I would not want to be in your shoes. The very idea of dipping back into the dating pool at my age, with my experiences, and this body! EEK!!

Yes, unfortunately, some men think that if they buy you dinner, you should fix them breakfast. Take heart! There are many MANY good men out there, just be picky. You are allowed to be picky, you do not have to settle, you have worked way too hard to get where you are to just settle for some loser. Good luck to you!!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 238/215/160

Height: 5'7"

Oh, geez! I hate this thread !
I am separated...on our way to filing for divorce. It is really scary to think that after 17 years of being with someone, I get to worry about having anyone want to be with me!

Of course I don't have to start 'looking' until I have lost weight, but no matter what, I will not have a 20-something body. One would HOPE that men my age would not expect that from a 42yo mom of two, but between the onslaught of plastic surgery and photo-shop, it's easy for them to be disillusioned.
Twiddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote