General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220 (2007) 159 (now)/159/140

Height: 5 feet, 8.5 inches tall

Between me and the bathroom in our office I have to face:
• A bowl of hard candy and Hershey kisses "for the customers"
• A table of food containing a tin of chocolate covered peanuts with nougat and a tin of peanut patties, two tubs of fudge with nuts, a box of graham crackers, a box of Cheez-Its, another bowl of Hershey Kisses, leftover birthday cake
• A fridge full of bread and cream cheese, a tupperware tub full of chocolate candies (Kit Kats, Hershey minis, mini Snicker bars, etc.), Cokes, and hot sauce for chips
• A counter containing the remains of a 5 pound bag of candy, some soup, peanut butter crackers and snack bars.

There are THREE people in my office. NONE of this is mine. It's a constant temptation I have to pass when going to the bathroom, getting my healthy snacks out of the fridge or visiting the water cooler for a refill (which turns into more bathroom trips).
MindiV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

For Christmas, I baked cookies and made fudge for my husbands office. I baked TWELVE dozen cookies and two large containers of fudge cut into 2 inch cubes - and he said that they were all gone by the end of his work day...and I didn't bring them in until lunch (at noon). He leaves at 3:30pm.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #18  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
I actually like Hershey's. It's the only milk chocolate, besides Godiva, that I like.
Me too! I'm glad I'm not alone. People think I'm nuts. Hershey's reminds me of childhood.

And we keep candy in our office, but its always hard candy, which I'm not a huge fan of. I'm not generally a sweets person, so its okay. And I'm the one that picks it out, so I buy the random ones that I don't like, ... However, if I get the mixed bag, and it has a Bit O Honey in it, I will have one. I love those!

Besides, I work with 60ish guys and 2 girls, the candy/sweets/anything not nailed down will be eaten withing a few hours.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Junk food lingers here. Everyone tries to eat well, so they bring in leftover cake and cookies and the like from parties they have thrown and been to, to make sure they don't eat it themselves, but nobody eats it here either. My office is right beside the kitchen, and it's bad enough there's a candy box in there. When you add all the homemade goodies in.... Oy.

As for Hershey's, I don't even like Godiva milk chocolate. Milk chocolate does nothing for me at all. But I love dark chocolate, and in addition to Godiva dark I actually do like Hershey's Special Dark bars.

I doubt one person took the mini bars. If some one person did, though, well.... I admit it: I know what it's like to have a garbage can full of candy wrappers. I'm not perfect and I have my days.... And on those days I have been known to empty my garbage can in the dumpster outside the building so that the regular cleaning crew won't finger me as the glutton. (I used to think that was paranoid, but now... not so much.) Fortunately, those days are few and far between, but it is never something you feel proud of regardless.

I'm not about to laugh at someone or turn my nose up at them for eating a bag of mini chocolate bars. I think most people have been there. Hopefully, they don't "go there" often. I'll keep my fingers crossed for that.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 01-13-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

Someone brought in Jolly Ranchers like a year ago, and they still sit in the kitchen a year or so later.

But when people bring in anything else, cookies, cupcakes, even sparkling water, it's gone in a flash.

Our receptionist used to have a bowl of chocolates (which contributed to my weight gain) that disappeared every day. Eventually she got tired of refilling it and just took it away. It was supposed to be for guests!
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:51 PM   #21  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana View Post
Someone brought in Jolly Ranchers like a year ago, and they still sit in the kitchen a year or so later.

But when people bring in anything else, cookies, cupcakes, even sparkling water, it's gone in a flash.

Our receptionist used to have a bowl of chocolates (which contributed to my weight gain) that disappeared every day. Eventually she got tired of refilling it and just took it away. It was supposed to be for guests!

LOL Jolly Ranchers would sit in my office forever too. Everything else is gone gone.

The IT department in my office is the WORST. I used to bring in chocolate for everyone and put it on my desk, or in the window area between their office and everyone else. They would quite Literally, stand there and graze. Yeah, got tired of paying $4 a day for their chocolate habit, and have them never bring in anything heh.
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote