3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   My Car broke down!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/221706-my-car-broke-down.html)

WinterJinx 01-08-2011 10:47 AM

My Car broke down!!!

I am stranded here at my sister's house in Virginia. I need to get back before the start of school. I was going over the chesapeake bay bridge when my car started acting up...the fastest I could go at one point was 30mph. I was terrified that my car would brake down entirely on the bridge...I hate that bridge it is 23 miles of **** for me. I have the same fears every time I go over it. I fear crashing into the cheaspeake bay and the police only being able to find my car (no bodies). Clearly I made it over the bridge...my car pulled through.

I ended up taking my car to a machanic (really nice guy though) and I had to stay in a seedy lodge. The lodge looked like that motel from the movie 'Vacancy' but with a creepy civil war era motif. The lodge was kind of off the road embedded in a woodsy area. The place reeked of cleaner...when me and my friend walked in the room our eyes watered and we both gagged. I know I'm being dramatic...but I had wished my car would have been able to take me the ten or 15 miles down the road to the Days INN. I know it doesn't seem far but when your car is having trouble doing 30mph you really don't want to push her too much more. Me and my friend slept together in the same bed and every noise she heard she would wake me up and ask me 'did you here that.' :( :rolleyes: :coffee: :tired:

On the bright side the machanic was honest. He couldn't fix the car so he just charged me the 12 dollars for the part he replaced. I ended up being towed back over the chesapeake bay bridge and am now currently at my sisters. I am waiting for the machanic over here to figure out what the heck is wrong with my car. :mad:

By the way it is never a good thing when a machinc comes back from a test drive with your car and says 'that was interesting.' Both machanics said the same thing to me...it means they have no idea what is wrong. :dizzy: :tired:

audri8301 01-08-2011 11:51 AM

I'm sorry! I'm sure they will figure it out soon. I hope you can get home to do what you need to do.

mandalinn82 01-08-2011 12:36 PM

Oh man. I SO feel your pain on this, after a long series of old college cars that tended to leave me stranded. I have had almost exactly the same creepy hotel experience, as well as one time stranded on the side of the Grapevine (CA folks will know that...big mountain, lots of trucks, very steep) for 3 hours at 2am while a tow truck could not find us (while huge trucks rattled by), and one notable experience where my wife was stranded on the side of the road in the desert, almost got heat stroke, and I had to call the highway patrol to go rescue her and take her to air conditioning.

Hope it gets fixed soon!

fincsher 01-20-2011 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterJinx (Post 3640742)
I am stranded here at my sister's house in Virginia. I need to get back before the start of school. I was going over the chesapeake bay bridge when my car started acting up...the fastest I could go at one point was 30mph. I was terrified that my car would brake down entirely on the bridge...I hate that bridge it is 23 miles of **** for me. I have the same fears every time I go over it. I fear crashing into the cheaspeake bay and the police only being able to find my car (no bodies). Clearly I made it over the bridge...my car pulled through.

I ended up taking my car to a machanic (really nice guy though) and I had to stay in a seedy lodge. The lodge looked like that motel from the movie 'Vacancy' but with a creepy civil war era motif. The lodge was kind of off the road embedded in a woodsy area. The place reeked of cleaner...when me and my friend walked in the room our eyes watered and we both gagged. I know I'm being dramatic...but I had wished my car would have been able to take me the ten or 15 miles down the road to the Days INN. I know it doesn't seem far but when your car is having trouble doing 30mph you really don't want to push her too much more. Me and my friend slept together in the same bed and every noise she heard she would wake me up and ask me 'did you here that.' :( :rolleyes: :coffee: :tired:

On the bright side the machanic was honest. He couldn't fix the car so he just charged me the 12 dollars for the part he replaced. I ended up being towed back over the chesapeake bay bridge and am now currently at my sisters. I am waiting for the machanic over here to figure out what the heck is wrong with my car. :mad:

By the way it is never a good thing when a machinc comes back from a test drive with your car and says 'that was interesting.' Both machanics said the same thing to me...it means they have no idea what is wrong. :dizzy: :tired:

I feel sorry with that man.. You can figure it out the problem soon.. Hope that can fix it.. Or other choices is buy other car. :D

rosababe 01-20-2011 02:02 AM

Good luck