General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 01-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #16  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

men can be such asses sometimes. i have had major back problems since i was a child. when my husband and i moved in together we got a cheap bed and it died within a few years. well, when his side collapsed, he made me trade places with him because "your back hurts all the time already, so why should i suffer too?" gee thanks.

we got a new mattress and it's nice a big. i can lay on my side- put my arm all the way out- and not touch him even though he's in bed too. it's glorious.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 138kg/127kg/72kg (304/280/160)

Height: 5foot 7inches

When my ex and I got together, he insisted on using the bed which he and his ex had used for who knows how long. It was a water bed which was past its best - it was awful. Really hot in the summer and constantly swished. Anyway, it sprung a leak which couldn't be fixed. I was delighted. (And no, I didn't help the leak.) We could finally get a normal bed that didn't have a history.

Unfortunately, the new bed didn't help our situation, we finally separated and I am so much better off without him. It's a shame, the Captain didn't go down with his ship. (No, he wasn't naval, he was something else!)

I really think that when couples get together, combining furniture is one thing but using a bed with a bad history should be avoided.
Meggie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 238/215/160

Height: 5'7"

I hear ya, oh I do. However, you never mentioned if he *refused* to buy a new bed prior? You obviously bought a futon...at that time did he reject getting a new mattress set?

Last edited by Twiddlebug; 01-05-2011 at 11:36 AM. Reason: spelling
Twiddlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #19  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylioness View Post
you should go buy a brand new bed, put it in the family room and drag your futon bed into his bedroom.

Problem solved.

He has the bed he has been perfectly fine letting you sleep on for years and you get your new bed. YAY
gets my vote
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote