What are you Reading Jan 2011

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to
  • New year upon us. I am looking forward to reading a lot of great books from the recommendations from the great people of 3FC! What are you reading?

About 1/4 of the way through Hero At Large by Janet Evanovich. Am really enjoying it so far.
  • These is My Words
  • Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.
    I recently watched the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. DiCaprio's acting was so awesome in this movie I decided to read the book. I could not put it down. And it gave me a lot to think about.
  • I just finished True Grit and LOVED it. Can't wait to see the movie! I'm also reading Mockingjay (third in Hunger Games series - I teach high school English) and recently finished The Help (loved).
  • Quote: Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates.
    I recently watched the movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet. DiCaprio's acting was so awesome in this movie I decided to read the book. I could not put it down. And it gave me a lot to think about.
    I'll put it on my list!
  • I'm reading The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath right now. I love the '50s setting and the mood of the book. Really reminds me of The Catcher in the Rye (my fave book) but from a female perspective.

Does anyone know of any other good '50s/'60s set books?

Oh, and I finished The Time Traveller's Wife not too long ago. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Blech.
  • I'm about halfway through Kate Morton's The Forgotten Garden. It is very hard for me to put down. The only time I do is when I'm too tired to keep reading.
  • I just got finished reading The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End by Ken Follett. They're SO good! Both really amazing books that I couldn't put down. They're really big, but they go fast. I love this thread. I'm getting out my notebook and I'm going to write all of these down.

walking2lose: I just saw True Grit and the movie was AWESOME!
  • I am working my way through the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, I think I'm on Seven Up right now. They keep me laughing. Also about to start Slaughterhouse Five for my book club.
  • David Copperfield by Charles Dickens.
  • Quote: Oh, and I finished The Time Traveller's Wife not too long ago. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Blech.
    I'm reading this right now, its not that great of a read I agree but once I start a book I need to finish it!
  • Quote: I am working my way through the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich, I think I'm on Seven Up right now. They keep me laughing. Also about to start Slaughterhouse Five for my book club.
    I love that series!!

I am currently reading The Lonely Bones by Alice Sebold. I know the movie came out not too long ago and I wanted to read it before I saw it.

My husband has gotten me the Harry Potter Collection for Christmas (it comes in a chest). I have read them all already, but I am pretty sure I will be reading them again next -- or he will get his feelings hurt, haha.
  • one of my True Blood books. Will try to read two of them this month. would love to get through the series.
  • I got a Sony reader for Christmas. The first book I downloaded was One for the Money. I'm half way through Two for the Dough. I love series'!
  • Reading The Hot Zone by Richard Preston. Irshad Manji is next on the reading list, again. Then it will probably be some random trashy spy fiction or I will re-read A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin in anticipation of the HBO project.