toilet seat wars

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • so i was watching dirty jobs and they were removing old toilets when the conversation turned to women's annoyance to the toilet seat being left up. as a chick with guy friends, it doesn't bother me...so long as the lid underside hasn't been "christened." in fact if i go to a guy's house i leave the seat the way i found it, usually lid up.

Soo does leaving the seat up drive you crazy, is it a minor annoyance, or meh, indifference?
  • If it's someone else's house, I don't say anything, and I leave it the way I found it. At my house, I prefer DH to leave it down when he's done. I have serious back issues, and a "dunk" in the middle of the night when I'm groggy might jar my back badly. He's very good about it though.
  • It doesn't bother me. I don't know how the rule was made that one was more of the right way than the other. I leave it down, DH leaves it up. Big deal. I'll burn more calories if I have to put it down anyway.
  • Down.

'nuff said.
  • Any fellow math geeks will appreciate:

http://www.scq.ubc.ca/a-game-theoret...-seat-problem/
  • I want the seat down, DOWN, DOWN, DOWN!

It was the rule when I was a kid, at our house, at both my grandparents, and all our friends too. Leaving the seat up was almost a sin.

I hate going in the middle of the night and getting that freezing sploosh because someone left the lid up. Then you've got the wet, drippy behind to deal with after you get over the shock of the icy midnight dip.
  • Mandalinn, that's a keeper! Thanks so much for the link!
  • Toilet seat is DOWN!!!
  • During the daylight hours I don't care, but after dark, especialy after bedtime, I want it down.

During a midnight potty visit, I may be too drowsy to check before sitting. Unfortunately, Hubby might forget to return the seat to the lowered position in the middle of the night, for the same reason.
  • Down, with the lid closed. The sink is right next to the toilet, and our toothbrushes are right there.
  • Down and lid closed here, too. I watched that episode of Mythbusters that showed how much toilets spray when flushed--plus, leaving the lid up means the cats drink from there. I don't want them drinking from the toilet and then licking my face. Eww!
  • Quote: Down, with the lid closed. The sink is right next to the toilet, and our toothbrushes are right there.
    I agree with you Francie!!
  • Does it matter? Does it take that much effort to glance at the seat and then flip it down if it's up?
  • My house it'll stay down, if I go to a guy's house I'll put it down and leave it down I'm not re touching the seat to put it back up he can do it himself. If I ever get married we'll have separet bathrooms simple as that. lol I have to have my own bathroom...
  • Quote: Down.

'nuff said.
    That's why ours is left down as well.