3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Remember cassettes??? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/220272-remember-cassettes.html)

Shopaholic1204 12-23-2010 03:16 AM

Remember cassettes???

So I was just digging around in the closet looking for something, when I came across this..

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...703222_n-2.jpg

Who knew I even still had a CASSETTE!! Much less a New Kids on the Block cassette, haha!!!

I don't know why, but that moment made me think of the time I found my mom's 8 Track when I was 8. I'm totally saving this tape to show my children what was around before iPods (or whatever is "in" at the time).

RienQueNny 12-23-2010 03:26 AM

OMG it had to be the New Kids on the Block, too!
It's probably the best cassette tape you could've unknowingly kept for years.
:P

Rosinante 12-23-2010 03:56 AM

Remember cassettes? *I* remember when they were new technology!!!! (exit, aging.....)

BillBlueEyes 12-23-2010 07:17 AM

<sigh> . . . I've just listened to Handel's Messiah on two cassettes - it's the only copy we own; we love the recording taped off the air some years ago. Had to listen on a small boom box that is the only working cassette player left in the house. Did I ever feel out of it finding side one of four, figuring out if it had been properly rewound, etc., etc.

Goal is to ditch all cassettes and VHS tapes and replace, all at once, every component of my TV and sound system. Scheduled when we repaint/re-plaster the living room this Spring. I can't wait for all the old stuff to be gone, but suffer at the thought of all the recordings I love that will be lost.

Ruthxxx 12-23-2010 07:48 AM

I even remember 78s and got rid of the last of them a year ago to a collector. I have a chest in my livingroom full of cassettes and I do have a player that plays them as well as CDs. I'm quaint and archaic, I guess.

MiZTaCCen 12-23-2010 09:01 AM

yea! My first cassette tape ever was Ace of Bace - haha awsome...

EZMONEY 12-23-2010 09:20 AM

Yes this old guy remembers....and records.....33 and 45.....and 4 and 8 track...

the coolest was using the cassette recorder microphone next to the radio to record the top 100 songs of the year...shutting down at the commercials so as not to waste tape.....good times

think I'll grab my i-pod shuffle and go for a walk, then come home and throw my i-pod on the dock and choose from over 5,000 songs.....good times

4xcharm 12-23-2010 09:28 AM

The cassette player in the car works. Thank God. Otherwise no more Dean Martin!

Jonesie 12-23-2010 09:45 AM

I searched for the past 3 Christmasses for a Fisher Price Cassette player with a Microphone for my daughter cause I just KNEW she would love to sing, record herself, and make people listen to it. (Its just the best most obnoxious thing you can do, right?!) THen someone told me they dont make them anymore.......................

Oh.

Shopaholic1204 12-23-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZMONEY (Post 3617810)

think I'll grab my i-pod shuffle and go for a walk, then come home and throw my i-pod on the dock and choose from over 5,000 songs.....good times

While I was writing this, I was listening to my ipod. I believe I changed the song every couple of seconds until I got to a song I really wanted to listen to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesie (Post 3617847)
I searched for the past 3 Christmasses for a Fisher Price Cassette player with a Microphone for my daughter cause I just KNEW she would love to sing, record herself, and make people listen to it. (Its just the best most obnoxious thing you can do, right?!) THen someone told me they dont make them anymore.......................

Oh.

This one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/FISHER-PRICE-CAS...item27b765a008

Shopaholic1204 12-23-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiZTaCCen (Post 3617788)
yea! My first cassette tape ever was Ace of Bace - haha awsome...

I had that one too!! Haha!! I think I'm going to buy it on itunes. I miss those songs! "I saw the sign, and it opened up my eyes, I saw the sign"

beerab 12-23-2010 10:53 AM

OMG yes I had a ton of them- funny Ace of Base was also one of my first! :)

Clydegirl 12-23-2010 12:50 PM

I still have all my cassettes. I'm not getting rid of them. There's some good stuff in my collection. I still listen to them in the car.

I don't have an I-Pod, I'm the only one in my family who doesn't own one.

The first cassette I had was "Guitar Man" by Bread, I loved that song.

Gary I used to record off the radio as well, especially the top 100 of the year.

GreenTeaYum 12-23-2010 06:48 PM

Oh that's classic! I remember having New Kids On the Block posters, they were so cool back in the day.

Man... I feel old.

Shopaholic1204 12-23-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenTeaYum (Post 3618318)
Oh that's classic! I remember having New Kids On the Block posters, they were so cool back in the day.

Man... I feel old.

I still love them. A friend & I are going to see them (and BSB) twice next year.:carrot: