Crockpot vs. Regular Large Pot

• I know its early but i'm bored at work so I've decided to start thinking bout my menu for Superbowl. One of my girlfriends is a vegetarian and I want to make a vegetarian chili. One recipe I found sounds delish but says to make in a regular large pot on the stovetop. Was wondering even though it says that if I can make it in the crockpot instead so I can clean and setup without worrying bout constant stirring or burning the bottom of the pot?

Thanks ladies

TGIF!
  • I make "regular pot" soups in the crockpot all the time. As long as it's not something that will overcook in the time period its in the crockpot, I don't see why not.
  • yes, i think you just need to reduce the liquid, and adjust the seasonings at the end. after cooking for hours, the spices will all be mellowed.
    what kind is it? sounds great i eat lentils and other legumes all the time. and i'm not veg.
  • thank you

Wholefoodsmarket.com (Spicy Vegetarian Chili)
  • I think it can work, you'll probably just have to give it a taste or two before it's ready and adjust. I'd actually think you'd need to add more water if it's going to cook all day.
  • If stuff sticks in the crockpot, it's usually on the sides for me, so sometimes I will spray a bit of Pam at each end of the oval at liquid level. But not everything sticks. Depends on time and temp and amount of liquid. As beerab says, if there's enough liquid, it usually won't stick.
  • Yeah probably. Although I would probably cook it in the regular pot and then move it to the crock pot on warm
  • You can use crock pot liners- I use them and LOVE THEM- they are so awesome- no cleanup at all!
  • Quote: Yeah probably. Although I would probably cook it in the regular pot and then move it to the crock pot on warm
    This ^ is what I was thinking too...but in any case you should be fine with it in the crockpot....as mentioned...as long as there is enough liquid in it....you can add it as needed later in the day if needed.