General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

I think I have a fair few genuine friends. I have lots of friends, but am quite selective with super close BFFs who I talk with about anything. One of them happens to be one of my ex boyfriends (we're now best friends), another was my best friend at secondary school, but unfortunately she moved away this summer. But we're still as close as possible, even though she's in a different country now. There are probably about 5 or so other people who I'd consider really really close friends that I'd, say, talk to about MY FEELINGS and sappy stuff like that.

But don't get me wrong, I love all my friends =)
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #17  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

My husband . . . we were best friends long before we started dating. And an online friend I've never met in person (we started out as penpals 14 years ago); she and I can pretty much talk about anything.

My old best friends were angry with me for moving across the country a few years back "for some guy" (but it was more complicated than that) and don't seem interested in talking to me anymore.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:26 AM   #18  
banned

My husband and my mother. Seriously. It's sad. I would count my first cousin, because it's so great hanging out with her, but she moved away. We still send emails to each other from time to time, but that's about it.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:21 AM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

I have several, as I've learned in the last two weeks. My family experienced a profound loss and I'm amazed at the number of people who genuinely care - and who aren't getting angry when I unintentionally snap at them because I'm in a weird grief/rage place right now. Most of them are life-long friends, people I've been friends with since grade school. However, a few are people I've just recently met in the last few years. It's been eye-opening, as I'm a very private person who doesn't make friends easily.
bacilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:19 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default Thinking about that lately

I have been thinking about that lately. There are 2 long time friends that I haven't seen in awhile (My choice ) and I really don't miss them. There were issues with both that I just didn't want to deal with anymore. So I chose not to deal!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 173/152.2/130

Height: 5’7"

2 friends that i feel close to like that. Plus my honey, my cousin, and my aunt. And sometimes, my 2 sisters, although they tend to be more concerned with themselves, unfortunately. And a few others who would probably be kind if I needed them, but I don’t feel as close to them.

my early-to-mid twenties have diminished the list, haha.
shasha12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #22  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Funny how I found this thread, because I've been thinking about this a lot lately.

I'd say I only really have one close friend, but I'm not even sure if she wants to speak to me at the moment because it just seems like we've drifted apart due to me having to work stupid hours and not having enough money to visit her etc etc. Plus I think I've probably made her mad because every time I comment on something she writes on Facebook, she deletes it. Fair enough, screw you then.

As for everyone else... I know lots of people but don't really consider any of them PROPER friends. Someone told me once that a real friend was someone that you know would be there for you if your entire family was wiped off the face of the planet. I don't have anyone like that, sad to say. I haven't got any friends from school or university really - well, a couple, granted, but I don't really speak to them. I've made lots of new friends in the past couple of years but I'm still a bit wary of them. I don't trust easily, you see, and I've had too many people let me down in my life to call them 'friend' yet.

Oh no wait. I do have one proper friend. I know he's a real friend because I threw up on his shoes and he wasn't mad :3 plus he's tolerated me for ten years and I allowed him to stick silver foil on my face with Prittstick (long story). Yay
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:17 PM   #23  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I have 8. I am blessed. Including relatives I have 12.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Best Friend for 9 years, my husband, my mother, and my cousin.

And I'm prefectly content with that.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 279/272/175

Height: 5'9"

my bff from high school.
we can be apart for months but whenever we get together its like we've never been separated lol.

then theirs my mom, sister and dh.

but i don't really have any friends where i live, i like keeping to myself.
couponmom85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #26  

Location: On Planet Earth...I'm waiting for the Oxygen levels to go up on the other planet's before I move

S/C/G: 250/125/120

Height: 5'3"

I have my 2 best friends that I've known for 9 years and of coarse my sister (who've I known my whole life).

It's funny I went back reading the other people's reply's and with the exception of a few people most people have two close friends. Seems to be a magic number.

Last edited by WinterJinx; 12-04-2010 at 06:14 PM.
WinterJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:38 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

For me it's my man. Two of my aunts (I have a ton) also qualify, and a friend I've known 30 years (woah that makes me feel old).
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Height: 5'2"

I have a great group of girlfriends. We've been together through a lot of ups and downs. Sometimes some of them make me so angry, but we always work things out. I know if I needed something, they would come through for me.

My husband is by far my biggest fan and best friend ever.
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 184/129/130

Height: 5'4.5"

I've always been a loner. I used to have 2 best friends but as we got older and married, we sort of drifted apart. Well one ended but the other is pretty much at a facebook friend. She stopped calling after she had me get onto facebook so we can "Chat more," true it happened but we don't talk in depth like we did before.
I now have a couple very close friends, one of which is sort of funny cause I never saw her as a "Close friend" type at all. I liked her as a social friend but then one day on facebook we sort of started commenting on how we were both self-proclaimed misfits. We are both seen as odd because we don't thrive on having many friends and yet like to be loners who love being with our husbands and family. As time progressed we started PM'ing each other with problems or venting about stuff. Now we get together for meaningful chats since we both grew up in horrible family situations. She's become one of my very close friends. The other two are growing and I'm trying hard to not let them fall through the cracks and become social friends like the rest.
My best friend of all is my husband.
mom4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 230.8/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8

None. (

The people I'd consider my friends are my mom, my sister, my auntie, and my husband. Other than that, I don't have anyone to call just to chat, to call when I'mf eeling down, to call and just vent about something to. It sucks. My husband was 19 and I was 20 when we got married and we had our first baby when he was 21 and I was 22. It seems in our area people get married in their 30's and have babies in their late 30's and early 40's, so we don't fit in with 90% of the other parents at our kids school. I had a couple of close friends in high school, but even now they party pretty much every free moment. Lots of drinking, lots of bar hopping. It's just not our thing. I have had one alcoholic drink on 8 years. The single/kidless friends just don't understand that we can't go out and stay out till all hours of the morning. They don't realize babysitters cost a lot now adays. So at this time in our lives, the kids are our life. But that's ok. Wouldn't trade it for the world.
babygrant is offline   Reply With Quote