3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   what does your log-in mean? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/218332-what-does-your-log-mean.html)

kathrynk 11-28-2010 09:41 PM

what does your log-in mean?

I always get curious as to the meanings behind peoples' log-in names. Mine's pretty simple. Kathryn is my first name and K is my middle initial. But some of you out there have me baffled :) It's kinda like vanity plates, always trying to figure out the meaning!

pipernoswiper 11-28-2010 09:51 PM

mine is because i have a food thieving dog named piper :) she is the all black dog in the pic.....she follows me everywhere, laying on the couch right now, right beside me, just waiting for me to bring some new morsel her way :)

Ciao 11-28-2010 10:00 PM

Pint Sized Terror 11-28-2010 10:00 PM

I'm short, and I like to think I'm an utter terror! LOL :D

DingoK8 11-28-2010 10:05 PM

My name is Kate, and when I was trying to think of a name, my super muttly mutts were sitting at my feet. My dogs are so muttastic that they kind of resemble dingoes. So I wound up with DingoKate (DingoK8).

sacha 11-28-2010 10:11 PM

It's my dog's name :)

shcirerf 11-28-2010 10:26 PM

Last name spelled backwards!

krampus 11-28-2010 10:28 PM

Krampus is a monster in Austro-Bavarian mythology who serves as the anti-Saint Nicholas. St. Nick rewards the good kids and Krampus punishes the bad kids by beating them with birch saplings and a rusty chain.

http://www.lyberty.com/blog/2006/12/krampus.jpg

rainbowstripe 11-28-2010 10:56 PM

krampus I always wondered about yours! What a delightful story :P

Mine...I've used the same name for a few sites for many many years now, it comes from a chewing gum I used to like when I visited America - I don't actually think it's called Rainbow Stripe gum, but it's striped gum and I think it has a zebra on the packet...maybe?

Ciao 11-28-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowstripe (Post 3585609)
krampus I always wondered about yours! What a delightful story :P

Mine...I've used the same name for a few sites for many many years now, it comes from a chewing gum I used to like when I visited America - I don't actually think it's called Rainbow Stripe gum, but it's striped gum and I think it has a zebra on the packet...maybe?

Shopaholic1204 11-28-2010 11:54 PM

One of my favorite books (and series) is Confessions of a Shopaholic. And I'm a shopaholic too!! LoL!!

Rochester 11-29-2010 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krampus (Post 3585583)
Krampus is a monster in Austro-Bavarian mythology who serves as the anti-Saint Nicholas. St. Nick rewards the good kids and Krampus punishes the bad kids by beating them with birch saplings and a rusty chain.

Holy crap! :fr: :lol:

My name is from "Jane Eyre." I've read the book about 20 times and have seen every film version of the book that was ever made. Jane has such fortitude in the face of adversity, is always true to herself, and she never stops believing in her dreams. But I didn't want to use "Jane" because (1) it's common and (2) everyone would think it was my real name. So I chose Rochester, the name of the man Jane falls in love with. Also, my real name is more commonly a male name, so it works in that regard as well.

rainbowstripe 11-29-2010 02:19 AM

Ciao YES!!! That stuff!!! Oh man I loved that stuff, would buy it every time I visited the US. I wonder if they still make it. Definitely not called rainbow stripe haha... oh well!

Aislin 11-29-2010 03:02 AM

I love the name Aislin....I use it for most of my online stuff. So much more interesting than my own name.

Robsia 11-29-2010 03:40 AM

One of my favourite book characters is from the Pern dragonrider series. He actually isn't a dragonrider - he is the MasterHarper and his name is Robinton. So my name is a feminisation of his. I actually made it up to join a Pern forum some years ago and have used it ever since.