General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 12-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #1  
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

Default metabolic/heart rate/calorie burn trackers

Hi everyone.

Its that time of the year where my family are starting to ask me what I want for Christmas. *No FOOD please*

I have heard that there are various calorie burn monitors/ metabolic trackers and heart rate monitors all rolled into one.

My question is what do you use and what do you recommend? so that I can put it on my Christmas list..

Thanks in advance
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:45 AM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I have a Gowearfit that I wear- but it's not a heart rate monitor. I wear it pretty much 24/7 (unless I'm showering) and it tells me how many calories I've burned during the day and how much I've slept, etc. It's called a bodymedia fit now.

I also have a polar F11 heart rate monitor and it's great- I wear it only when I work out and I love it- shows me how many calories I've burned in my workout and how "fit" I am.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:31 AM   #3  

I just got a Gowear FIT and LOVE it! The funny thing is that I also have a Polar F11 HRM and it's great too, but my battery died, so I need to send it back to Polar for a visit.

However, truth is, I really like the Gowear FIT more right now. Wearing a chestband is not that comfy to me. And the Gowear FIT/Bodymedia FIT device I can wear all day.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #4  
Child of Har, 6rayedstar

S/C/G: 361/200/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks guys.

I put Gowear fit on my list for Christmas.

I am also thinking of asking people for those wonderful calorie count indexes of all the foods out there. I have one called Food Counts by Corrine Netzer, but I'd like more for comparisons, rather than having to constantly get to a computer and look up calorie counts on the net.
Harsdottir is offline   Reply With Quote