General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-29-2010, 06:04 PM   #31  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

My sister has just had a hip replacement op and I would like a new back!! Just to be rid of all this continual pain.

Realistically, I would love someone to show me more about "How to" on my computer AND how to work my new, expensive MP3 player and mobile phone - it's all double dutch to me!!

Last edited by emaline29; 11-29-2010 at 06:05 PM.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:30 PM   #32  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

I was going to get an iPhone for Christmas but it looks like we won't be able to afford it just yet. Maybe for my birthday instead, which is in February. We just got married about a month ago so we're still kinda stumbling from that financially, lol.

There are several other things I'd love to get, like a handful of movies and a Blu-ray player. I'm thinking I'd really like to have the 5-disc DVD set of Richard Simmon's Sweatin' to the Oldies; I haven't tried them since I was a kid but I remember that they were fun.
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:13 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

The major thing I was for christmas is a DSLR so I can do better photography and take better photos to use as reference for paintings, but they're so mega expensive x.x I feel bad asking my parents for that, but it's kinda for college work, so I guess I can beg? xD
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 AM   #34  

Sometimes I find it very difficult to choose the right gifts but I try to give gifts which the recipient may hold dear or may be of use.
alelogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #35  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

I celebrate Yule.

I don't want anything, although my friend will probably be buying a car that he'll be letting me drive. Let me explain though-- he is my friend/ex-boyfriend/roommate/best friend. We're really close even though we don't date, and since he was driving my car when it died he sort of feels responsible. So he'll be buying a car anyway (we need a car, he drives a truck and sometimes this makes things complicated, for trips and such) and I need a car, so it works out.

Plus he'll be deploying again next year, so the extra transportation will work out.
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:41 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I want an electric scale! I have one of the scales with the little lines and it's so hard to read. I asked my parents for one.

Last edited by Linsy; 12-05-2010 at 02:41 AM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 03:15 AM   #37  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

At first, I couldn't think of anything.. but now I have a few things
I would like some nice herbal teas...nothing that tastes like potpouri, but some nice blends.
I would like some nice pajamas... dont have to be sexy, just cute and comfy
I would like a giftcard to the Sony site, so I can buy my Ebooks for my E-reader.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #38  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

I always say there's nothing I want, but then I get on eBay, and that changes fast.

Here are my musings on this subject. (I expect to get very few, if any, of these things.)

- A pedicure, a massage and a facial (which is something I always want)
- An antique fan, no longer than 8 3/4 inches when folded, for my empty fan-shaped shadow box
- A bed crown, or a busted antique demilune table so I can make one from it
- Large antique blue willow platter or two, to add to my collection
- This: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
(I haven't really got room for it in my dining room, but I'd make room ... somehow)
- A pair of prints to fit in the rosewood frames that I just bought
- A carpenter who'll give me a reasonable quote on built-in bookshelves for my dining room
- More closet space
- A bright orange cashmere sweater -- because I am suddenly in love with the color orange -- with something interesting about it, to differentiate from your basic run-of-the-mill jewel neck or v-neck cashmere sweaters that all the major stores offer at Christmas
- A mandolin, since I've estimated that over the course of my lifetime, I will spend approximately three months chopping or mincing onions
- A ticket to "Angels in America" before it closes in February
- No upper belly overhang at all, and no vestigial batwings
- A trip to France or Italy
- A year's supply of sugarfree peppermint chewing gum
- A reliable cleaning lady
- One horseback ride on a rental horse at the Eastchester riding stable
- Just one party formal enough for me to wear my nice little black dress, which I bought last year on making goal
- Six months of free therapy sessions
- An indoor pot of various herbs for my dining room window this winter
- A really big, showy amaryllis
- Peace of mind about my aging mother's health & psychological state

Last edited by saef; 12-05-2010 at 01:11 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #39  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC View Post
I want a clean and tidy house.
Me too!! Well, a clean and tidy apartment. My boyfriends says, "That's not a Christmas present!" But I think he just doesn't want to clean.

Last edited by just keep swimming; 12-05-2010 at 01:50 PM.
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess jp View Post
i picked out a necklace from etsy -it was around 50$. i bought it early so it would have time to be made and shipped.
(I can't even quote the link here, but it's a supersexy steampunk necklace)
That necklace is GORGEOUS...*want*. Might have to turn that into my birthday (and, if the stars align) half-way to goal present (so...maybe April) *grins*

As far as gifts this time of year, we go pick out something together. We're both gadget/tech nerds, with peculiar tastes for Chinese knock-offs, and usually order something that suits those desires. This year, our presents have already arrived...I haven't posted enough to provide a link, but they are basically tablets running Android 2.2...think cheap Samsung Galaxy.

Anyway, doing it this way, we weigh the pros and cons and get something that we both want and enjoy. Takes the guesswork out, and ensures that we stay within a decent spending limit.
ArcticFrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 05:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

what I want for Christmas is books, books and more books. I can't get enough of books, and even though I have an ereader I still love the feel of a paperback in my hands. I want the complete works of John Green, I'm midway through Looking for Alaska, and I follow his vlog, but I want to read the rest of his stuff. I would also love more yarn. Seems like an odd request, but I love to crochet and I want to make more things.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:15 PM   #42  
CarsonsMama

S/C/G: 192.4/*see ticker*/150

Height: 5'7''

I want all new make up and make up brushes! <-----kind of odd, but that's something I never buy myself, and my stuff is kind of old .....also, new slippers, and definitely clothes!

But MOST of all I want the MRI that my 8 Mo. old son is having done on Dec. 20th to go well......If I get NOTHING except this to turn out good, I would be the happiest girl in the world.... Praying that it all goes good.
mhuppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:22 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 206/141/139

Height: 5'9

I know this will not help you but I want our bills caught up (we are almost there!) and I want to spend a romantic night with my husband. He has pretty much been away since September coming home only for a week or so at a time and is gone right now. We own a couple of places in Buffalo and he is there working on them to get them fixed to rent and will not be home until Dec 20th. When he has been home from there or working at his brothers new house installing floors he has been trying to catch up on things that need to get done here that I can't do. Soooo, just a little one on one time with my husband would be nice.
lauralyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #44  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Thanks for all your suggestions, you guys!!! I'm not sure if I gave him a great idea of what I want, but we keep getting packages at the door and he shoos me into the back room so he can wrap them, haha. He's a great gift giver, he knows what I want better than I do, I think...so I trust him. I got him lots of nice things too, I'm excited for him to open his presents.

I have the Christmas bug bad this year! I've been such a Grinch/Scrooge the last few years. I've been at boarding school and now college completely across the country from my family since I was 14 (I'm 22 now), and I've only made it home for Christmas once in that time. Last Christmas my guy was in Iraq, so that was a bummer. But this Christmas I've been way into the whole thing. I've been making Christmas candy (and immediately giving it away, I've managed to only eat one white chocolate and peppermint covered pretzel), we've been playing Christmas music, and even though we're in the process of moving, I've decorated our little itty bitty apartment, haha.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 205/184/145

Height: 5'6"

Money so I am able to buy presents for my kids.

My husband home from this business trip. It was supposed to be 30 days, but it may turn into 60.

And a Kindle!
shelle58704 is offline   Reply With Quote