3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Doing Your Christmas Shopping... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/217249-doing-your-christmas-shopping.html)

JennieGrl 11-12-2010 10:53 AM

Doing Your Christmas Shopping...

Which do you prefer....

Online shopping or

Physically going into the stores?

I'm an online gal myself

ANOther 11-12-2010 11:12 AM

I do most of my shopping online now, but there's stlll nothing like getting out of the house and hittin' the stores

JackieHollow 11-12-2010 11:28 AM

I prefer online! But I usually do about 50/50

Bac0s 11-12-2010 12:20 PM

Both.

Sunshine73 11-12-2010 12:25 PM

I do both. I love getting out and shopping during the Christmas season...the music, the decorations, the sales...LOL. Hubs and I usually make a day of it on black Friday but I'll also do a lot of on-line shopping because I can get some amazing deals and have them delivered right to my office (hubs is a super snoop). :tree::ginger:

mandalinn82 11-12-2010 12:27 PM

I make most of my gifts, and get supplies both online and from stores, depending on prices. I do some canned goods, so those I buy supplies for locally.

Kim_Star060404 11-12-2010 01:00 PM

I would LOVE to shop in-store, but since I live in the wild, wild, west, the nearest shopping metro is 3 hours away! (We have a Wal-Mart that's only an hour away, but I don't shop Wal-Mart and it's not even a "Super" anyways!) :yikes: To accommodate the shopping and the drive time, DH and I would have to get an over-priced hotel. After gas, food, and hotel, it ends up costing us double to shop in store. So, everyone receives very thoughtfully purchased online gifts! :)

I really, really do miss the malls during the holidays. I don't know what we'll do when we have kids...where will we get their santa pictures?!

nelie 11-12-2010 01:04 PM

We don't exchange gifts for Christmas but overall if we did, I'd do it online. I hate going near the stores within months of Christmas. There are parts of town we won't visit for a few months to avoid the crowds.

vatkins22 11-12-2010 02:37 PM

online!! every year that goes by i get more and more frustrated with the crowds!

GradPhase 11-12-2010 07:25 PM

I get my ideas online - and find in-store when applicable. That may or may not have to do with the fact that we don't have a whole lot in terms of stores here, though.

Shopaholic1204 11-13-2010 03:08 AM

I prefer online shopping. I get really really anxious in a crowded mall.

FrouFrou 11-13-2010 04:03 PM

Online most definitely! Nothing like shopping online and having the stuff delivered to your front door...now that is shopping! Lol But, here lately I hit the malls. But I do it at times where there are no crowds...go when they open the doors first thing in the morning. When I have my lists and I know what I am going for I get it and I am out of there in no time at all...I really do HATE shopping!

jess jp 11-13-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vatkins22 (Post 3565802)
online!! every year that goes by i get more and more frustrated with the crowds!

lol same here. i always consider myself a very patient/kind person....until i hit a crowded shopping center. i need to remind myself to relax. i do love the holiday shopping-something about the warmth, holiday scents everywhere, christmas music, but normally i am much more of an online shopper.

Sunday 11-13-2010 10:57 PM

I love shopping online! I live in the country so options are limited and hideously overpriced.

Sometimes I miss shopping in person but when I go into the city, the crowds get to me and I end up hating it! I actually have to sedate myself sometimes.

I'm about to do my Christmas shopping now and already freaking out. My boyfriend is so hard to buy for and on top of that gives the most thoughtful gifts which is incredibly annoying. Pressure is on!

Teresa66 11-14-2010 06:11 AM

I do most of my shopping in stores.