General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 324/283/260

Height: 5'7''

Default Last night's glee episode. **spoilers***

Ok this is kind of random but I really need to talk about this episode. I think I kind of identify with "Beast" and what it feels like to be the woman men never notice. And I actually found the kiss and what Will said to her kind of uncomfortable, insincere, and frankly disturbing. Is this going to turn into an unrequited love situation? Because that is what would have happened if a man did that to me. I really liked this episode but that moment was a little too close to home. And it brings back memories of all the times I have fallen for a guy just because he was being nice to me. Did anyone else feel this way? I think that I was supposed to be touched by the scene but really I was unsettled.
katkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I kind of scoffed in that scene too. I suppose I was supposed to be touched, but I thought it was totally unrealistic. I couldn't get beyond the "TV-ness" of it. Nice of him to talk to her about it, but the kiss was fakey.

Last edited by Jen516; 11-10-2010 at 04:57 PM.
Jen516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #3  

i would much rather a guy be a jerk to me than do that.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #4  

Height: 5'2

sooo who did Will kiss? i watched season one but haven't watched two yet! fill a sister in pleeeeease!
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #5  

it's actually a new character called Beast lol! you gotta catch up!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  
losing and schmoozing

S/C/G: 175/ticker/155

Height: 5' 6"

I just finished this episode. First of all I just have to say OH EM GEE about Kurt and "neanderthal" - kind of saw the still-in-the-closet thing coming, but not in such spectacular fashion!!!

Anyway, onto the real thread topic - nice of Will to talk to her, but the whole time I was thinking "don't kiss her, don't kiss her, DON'T KISS HER" and then of course he has to go and do it anyway. Totally setting up for an unrequited love situation. The kiss per se isn't what she wanted, duh - she wants everything that goes with it! And the fact that she didn't really react that way just goes to show how TV-fakey the whole scene was... writers conveniently writing themselves out of having to follow up on that one, I think.

Other than that... I love this show so much, it's ridiculous. A cappella Katy Perry sung by a bunch of hot guys is pretty much the best.

Last edited by cornellchick; 11-10-2010 at 09:43 PM.
cornellchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

As soon as Beiste said she'd never been kissed..I knew Will was going to kiss her. The whole time my hubby was shouting "don't do it!!" and I was like.."he's going to do it!!". I dunno..it was just weird. I doubt anything will happen though. (I hope it doesn't..that would be too predictable.)

Overall, I loved the episode (as always). I especially loved the guy's version of "Teenage Dream" omg..I had tears in my eyes the whole time they were singing. I'm so corny, LOL!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #8  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I hated, hated, hated the "pity kiss." Unless the show's writers are going to take the show in a very unexpected direction--a relationship between Will and Coach Bieste, which we all know would never happen on network TV because it's A-OK to show almost all kinds of relationships except for one in which an attractive normal-sized person falls for someone who is portrayed as neither--it was uncomfortable.

I thought the final "we're sorry that we thought about you naked when we wanted to be turned off" song was in pretty tacky taste, too. There is no recovery from finding that many people consider you the sexual equivalent of dead kittens and the Saints losing to the Falcons, surely!

The whole thing was pretty condescending, really. I like Glee, but sometimes the show just hits some sour notes.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

To be honest I enjoy the music in Glee but usually don't watch it with Angie because I feel all the drama is over the top...

YES! I know it is supposed to be...

I did watch this episode and found SEVERAL things VERY disturbing....

at this time I have absolutely no desire to watch another show...

I'll just load the music into my shuffle from time to time and continue to watch reruns of Family Ties and Happy Days....
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

I don't watch Glee and never have. What happened exactly? I'm curious. Did a guy kiss a girl because she'd never been kissed before and he felt bad for her or something?
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 08:18 AM   #11  

Yeah, Linsy, that's the gist of it.

I have to say that I looooovvvved the scene where he is in the boys school and the guys sing that number. soooo cute!
Old 11-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/114

Height: 5'5

I loved every second of this episode apart from that kiss between Will and Beast. I saw it coming and was like NO NO NO.
Flamethrower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 05:00 PM   #13  

aww what happened to EMMA? i love her! <3 i def have some catching up to do!!
vatkins22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #14  

i know. im really sad about Emma and will. and YES! you DO need to catch up! ;0)
Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 248/241/200

Height: 5'10"

I *love* Glee! Been watching it since the pilot episode first aired. This season has been a little strange for me. I really enjoy it, but some of the plots have been a little off.

I loved the scene at the boys school too!!
rainbowsandponies is offline   Reply With Quote