General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/110/110

Height: 5'4''

@Sun-does she still live with you all? I'm so sorry you are going through that. What is she sick from may I ask?
guamvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #32  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i also think it's perfectly normal that you felt a sense of relief when she passed futuresize6. i know we will feel that way. i guess i'm lucky that my hubby understands and sees her for what she is. he has a low B.S. tolerance and just doesn't put up with it. We go for the smile and nod technique with her then sigh in relief when she leaves.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

OMG poor ladies that have the horrible, horrible MILs!!!

we were 'lucky' - I suggested we move 400 miles away from DH's family ... they continue to have drama with each other (5 other siblings live pretty close to one another!) and we are blissfully family-drama free

For the short time we lived near them, MIL was pretty good to me..the biggest bad thing she did though, was try to sneak some fruit juice to our first son, he was maybe 4 months old at the time and was only breastfed..she always expressed concern that "isn't he hungry?? all he gets is milk from you?" She had her children in the '50's, when I guess you weren't supposed to breast feed, you bottle fed, and then you forced cereal into them as quick as possible so 'they would sleep through the night'.

I have 2 sons...I want them to fall in love, with nice girls and I hope I don't have to deal with not approving of their choices...
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:55 AM   #34  
ugggg.....

my MIL actually treats me better than her own son, though that's not saying much. We just don't talk to her anymore, my sil keeps us filled in. His ex step father who was awesome said he never understood her..she can only love one of her kids at a time...the other has to be the bad one...

OK worst thing she ever did....took my two kids and niece camping. Niece is clearly the fave cause sil is the fave...my daughter and niece got into a hormonal sensitive 12 year old girl spat and MIL was going to hit my daughter...my 14 year old son grabbed her arm and said no and didn't allow her to hit her...for his standing up for his sister..she bought daughter home took niece to her house and left my son at the campground which I didn't know until the next morning!! When I found these things out my first thought was he walked the two to three miles to his friends house which he had told daughter he was going to do, but when I called friends mom said he wasnt there...I was panic strikken...I called my mil and told her I now understood how people could claim temproray insanity, if she had been standing in front of me at that moment she would have had to go to the hospital. Turned out my son had come in after friends parents went to bed and she didnt know he was there, her other son told her my son came in the middle of the night after my call and she woke my son up imediately up and made him call me.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:04 AM   #35  
ugggg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
mine is a nice person on the surface- but underneath it very manipulative. i'm glad my hubby can see through it- unfortunately some of his siblings still fall for her crap.
some of the things she has pulled with us. planning a family vacation, waiting for us to get to our destination then pulling my hubby aside to tell him he's going to have to pay for it all because she has no money.
insisting on taking me out to dinner for my birthday, then telling me the place i picked was too expensive, then not even paying for my dinner at the cheap place i went to.
cleaning out her daughters savings account when she was a minor and was working two jobs and saving up all her money. repeatedly needing money from her kids and basically making them feel guilty because she had to clothe and feed them. umm... all parents have to do that and she had a lot of kids, she could have stopped after two, three, four...
we finally had to cut her off completely when it comes to money- but she still finds ways to use and abuse us. coming over for a visit- then pulling out her laptop to surf the internet on our network and then leaving... sucking us into her drama.
the worst part for me is- of all the rude things she's done and said- if i were to ever say anything about any of it- she would go to every member of the family and tell them how i did her wrong and what a bad person i am and how she's been victimized.
once she was two hours late coming to get me- and then told me "well i'm on time for important things"
that so sounds like my daughter's fiance's mom...scary...
Old 10-29-2010, 08:13 AM   #36  
ugggg.....

My grandmother (dad's mom) and my mom stayed best friends long after my parents divorce and were till the day she passed. Dad remarried and the new wife treated me and my brother badly....my sweet grandmother was definitely NOT a good mil to her...