General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Default New Medication - Hello Side Effects

The doctor recently started me on Zocor because my cholesterol was high (thinking it was like 250-ish). I wasn't thrilled about starting it because I really wanted to try and get it down with diet and exercise but he said that he didn't think that those numbers could be brought down with diet and exercise.

Okay...so I gave in and started taking them. Three days in and I'm feeling sick - had nausea, serious stomach pain, headache and I was irritable as all get out. I thought maybe I had a bug but I had none of my "typical" stomach flu symptoms (fever, aching, etc.).

This morning I was trying do the whole "what did I eat that could have made me sick" inventory and realized the only thing that had changed over the last few days was the medication. So, I looked up the side effects and guess what the most common were?

Oy. I can't do this so now I have to call the doctor and see about switching things around.

*sigh* I really love paying for medications only to toss them and try something different.
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:50 PM   #2  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

When my mom was on one statin it made her terribly ill & Dr. had to switch her to a different one. She had no trouble with a different prescription.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

I know I need to have the doc switch it up and the next one will probably be fine. I just get frustrated at being one of the blessed few who seem to have weird reactions to medications. My checkbook doesn't like it either!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #4  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Any possibility that your Dr. will give you a sample to try? I am so lucky that my Dr. does that with new medications. It is worth asking.

Good luck.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote