General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Default Hit and run! People are JERKS!!

I decided my old workout shoes had seen better days, so we loaded up the car and drove into town.
While going through the parking lot, I saw a car backing out. When they went to go forward, they underestimated how close they were to the back of the car next to them and hit it. They didn't stop or back up to correct it, they just kept going and scraped the CRAP out of the bumper of the other car, then just kept going like nothing happened. It moved the entire CAR they hit, so there's no way they didn't realize they did it. I made hubby follow them while I got their license plate number. They drove to the front of a store, picked someone up and just drove off like la-dee-dah.
We went back to the car they hit and called the police. Before the police arrived, the owner of the hit car, (a brand new 2011 Acura TL) got there before the police did. I told her what happened and gave her the license plate number. She was so happy she hugged me. The bumper has a gigantic, 2 1/2 foot long gouge INTO the fiberglass, and they even scraped the paint off her license plate. She said it was going to be INSANELY expensive to fix since the bumper is all one piece and HUGE. Thankfully she can go after the other drivers. I couldn't imagine seeing something like this and NOT doing anything. I'd be LIVID if I came out of a store and my car was hit like that, and mine isn't even new!!
I hope they put the screws to the person who hit her. I hate people like that.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-09-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #2  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

Wow, you definitely did the right thing. Unfortunately, I would've probably watched in horror and then went about my day.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #3  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

You did the right thing. Yay for you. I wish there were more of your kind in the world instead of those jerks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 257/250/112

Height: 5'4.5

we could use more people like you where I live, if it happened here no one would've gave a damn, I hate reckless drivers though, hope they get booked.
candy love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #5  

Right after I had some body work done on my car, someone in a Walmart parking lot put an 8 inch scratch, RIGHT on the place that had been repainted, and just left. My mirror was flipped back, so I think someone dragged a cart alongside it. It was a thin scratch, but still, I was furious. I could only imagine what this woman would've felt if she was just stuck there with no clue what happened!
Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

We've been H&R'd a couple of times. Both times the person didn't have insurance so we had to eat it. The first one was tracked down but nothing ever came of it (a nice guy followed him to get the ID- he followed him into oncoming traffic... bad idea). It sucks, but there's no reason for them to stay and get in trouble when they probably don't have insurance anyway.

I would caution against following someone who hit a car. The kid who hit us took off and was driving like a maniac. The gentleman who followed could've gotten shot, plus he followed the kid into oncoming traffic. In the end, it was just some body damage to my car. I'm glad the guy who tailed the kid was ok.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #7  
Vegging out

S/C/G: 268/ticker/148

Height: 5'6"

Glad you did something about it. I had an uninsured driver hit my car and he would have driven away if my neighbor hadn't seen it. He did $3000 worth of damage which my insurance company had to go after him for, but they settled it so I was still out my $500 deductible because they only recovered a portion of the repair costs. That lady is very lucky you were there and were nice enough to think about how you would feel in her situation. Thanks for doing the right thing, it's good to know that there are still caring and responsible people in the world!
dudesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #8  

If they had sped off I would've immediately called the police. They were very nonchalant about it, like nothing happened. The drove carefully through the parking lot, picked someone up at the door of a store there, and carefully drove off. And if they don't have insurance, that's a HUGE problem here since you're penalized a certain amount of $$ per week or month if you let your insurance lapse, and they eventually revoke your license if it isn't reinstated. I just think they were hoping no one saw and they wouldn't have their insurance rates jacked up, nor would they have to pay to fix her car.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:12 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Ugh, I had someone hit and run in high school. Only one person who saw it stuck around but he was too far to see the person or the plate. Just that it was a black Ford Ranger, way too common to pin down.

One of my sister's friends had someone hit and run and leave their bumper behind. They were in a small town so she just drove around with the bumper in her back seat til the found the car it matched!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Wow! Kudos to you for getting the other person's license plate and for reporting it to the car's owner. More people should do the right thing like that.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote