General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/330/200

Height: 5.8

Default Shopping for Full Figured Clothes

I’m get so disappointed when shopping for clothes. I will see an Ad for jeans price $14.00.When I go to the site, and put my size in 28 the price is $19.00. I feel like I’m being penalized for being a full figured lady. doesn't anyone else feel that way?
nicelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Yup, I had to pay a large sum of money this summer when I got married because the price on the tag was only up to a size 18 I needed a 22. Try not to let it get you down, you are on the road to success!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:25 AM   #3  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

Its unfortunate but really its simple economics at play here. Bigger sizes=more material cost. I've actually inquired about this in the past when I needed a shirt larger than an XL. Keep up your chin up and conquer this weight loss. I know you will do well
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:48 AM   #4  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Height: 5'6"

What irks me about shopping for plus size clothing is the sizes. I used to always shop at Penningtons here in Canada and I was always a 3x. I still have 3x clothes at home. But now...10 years later I can't fit into their 3x anymore. Shoot...I can't even fit into their 6x sizes...they've made them SMALLER! So now I have to order my clothes from the US. I don't mind doing that but I shouldn't have to. They should just make their clothing the same size.

I haven't gained weight in the past 10 years - in fact I've lost weight. The clothes should still fit....
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #5  
closed

S/C/G: 227.5/217.4/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Here's what irks me about plus clothes...

OK, I really can understand why plus clothes may be priced a bit higher. Like someone said, it IS more material.

But here is my biggest pet peeve about a lot of plus clothes: don't try to sell me the same kinds of clothes that the skinny minis wear! I hope I don't offend anyone here but I have this motto of sorts: just because they MAKE it in that size, does not mean it's best to WEAR that particular item in that size!!!

I'm BIG! I need clothes that are gonna help me "cover" some of that, not half-shirts, mini skirts and pants that don't come up far enough on my waist for crying out loud!

OK, rant done. I hate clothes shopping!

~flamanette~
Flamanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:52 PM   #6  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

I hear you ladies! I like Penningtons too, but I find it quite expensive. I just wish there were more plus size stores or more stores that carry plus sized clothing. I know we have more plus clothes then in the past (even Walmart carries some), but I find the options so limited here in Canada. Does anyone else find this or is it just me? I understand that we have to pay more, but I still don't think it is fair!!
Time to get out of the plus sizes!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Well...
I am a woman and wear a size 12 shoe. No diet will EVER fix that!!! I hate not being able to buy cute shoes. Then, this woman I used to work with tried to justify it by telling me that really my feet are that size because I'm tall, and she is short and wears a 10 so I shouldn't complain and that my feet are not that large. I'm sorry, I am only 5'9", not over 6'!!!!

At least she can buy her size 10.
Oh, and now that the internet is here, it is better than when I was a kid, and I just wore men's tennis shoes or shoes from Payless Shoe Source, but a decent pair is over $100.00-----
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Hey FMF, losing weight might help your foot size! I have gone down a half size myself since losing 40 pounds... so you never know!
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

God, lets hope...
I've been a 12 shoe at 185lbs, though. I have a long, narrow, and generally amazon foot! LOL!!!
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:30 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 364/353/165

I hate paying a few extra dollars too Just had to do that last week when buying scrub pants My pet peeve is plus-sized catalogs. Why on earth do they use size 2 models?
Kitsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:48 AM   #11  
Livin' La Vida Low Carb!

S/C/G: 350/ticker/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
I hear you ladies! I like Penningtons too, but I find it quite expensive. I just wish there were more plus size stores or more stores that carry plus sized clothing. I know we have more plus clothes then in the past (even Walmart carries some), but I find the options so limited here in Canada. Does anyone else find this or is it just me? I understand that we have to pay more, but I still don't think it is fair!!
Time to get out of the plus sizes!

YES!!! Canada is SO limited in clothing for plus sizes. I shop online at US retailers now. Ulla Popken is one of my faves. Pricey for some stuff, but very reasonable for other things.
Simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:21 PM   #12  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Well...
I am a woman and wear a size 12 shoe. No diet will EVER fix that!!! I hate not being able to buy cute shoes. Then, this woman I used to work with tried to justify it by telling me that really my feet are that size because I'm tall, and she is short and wears a 10 so I shouldn't complain and that my feet are not that large. I'm sorry, I am only 5'9", not over 6'!!!!

Oh, and now that the internet is here, it is better than when I was a kid, and I just wore men's tennis shoes or shoes from Payless Shoe Source, but a decent pair is over $100.00-----

My little sister wears 11s. The best thing she's found is going to sites who cater to the transgendered and cross-dressers. She's got some absolutely adorable heels that I'd steal if they weren't too big.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I understand the idea that the extra material cost more, but it just feels like a jab when it's so cut and dry. A size 12 has a lot more fabric than a size 0 but they get to pay the same price. I think I would be less offended if it went up like $0.10-0.20 per size than everything above size X is $4 more.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #14  
Points Master

S/C/G: 357/T/180

Height: 5'7"

It should go up a little per size above 0 like the above poster said, much more fair and balanced. But, anyway, my sister is a plus sized girl and loves a site called torrid.com. She is always dressed nicely, so I figured I'd throw that out there.
BigDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 01:14 AM   #15  
Phil1:6

S/C/G: 253(old)/220(new)/ticker/170

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattymcfatty View Post
Well...

I feel ya! I wear a size 12 as well & it is HORRIBLE trying to find shoes!! & to top it off Im nearly 6' so even if I had money to spend at zappos.com (they have tons of cute shoes our size, just a tad bit expensive) I couldnt wear the cute high heel type unless I wanted to be like 6'5 lol.. Also try around other paylesses, I always find lots of size 12s in womens around me, they end up being stinky low quality shoes, but hey theyre womens shoes at least...
DaughteroftheKing is offline   Reply With Quote