General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-07-2010, 03:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I absolutely DO NOT poop in public places unless it is a dire emergency and can't be helped. I know everyone does it and I know everyone's smells...but I hate walking into a bathroom that stinks of poo and I hate doing it to anybody else. On the rare occasion that I do have to poop in public I will flush several times during. I don't know why I'm that way...I just am. I don't think I can ever remember pooping at school during high school, as a matter of fact.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 04:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 307.2/249.4/150.0

Height: 5 feet 4

I have no inhibitions about pooing. You gotta go, you gotta go. What embarrasses me is those occasions (fortunately rare for me, but I had one such incident a few weeks ago, while on a course of antibiotics if that means anything) when diarrhea comes on with such violent speed that you don't make it to the loo in time and your panties are a sticky, poo-ey mess ...

Last edited by ANOther; 10-07-2010 at 04:55 PM.
ANOther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 236/217/195

Height: 5ft4

I am like that too, but I've never made myself sick holding it. I do my absolute best to try and wait till I get home or going beforehand. But I do beleive in a dire-emergency I would go in a public restroom.
MzHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 234/222.6/170

Height: 5'6

I use to be like this. I never had to ever go so bad though. Perhaps holding it in all through highschool is why I only go like once a week now!

Anyways, girls...in highschool...evil! I remember being in a bathroom at school just washing paint off my hands and a girl was poo'ing in a stall. Some other girls came in and made a huge deal of it! "Damn girl! What you eat? That sh!t stank! Oh sh!t, I said sh!t! *giggle*" and then they just hung in there until the girl came out so they could laugh in her face. And for no reason!

Last edited by StuffedBunny; 10-07-2010 at 05:37 PM.
StuffedBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

I used to try to hold it in and still do try not to poop in public places, but if I have to go I do it as quietly as possible, which usually means I'm in the bathroom for a long time if someone's in there.

The only place I refuse to poop (or pee) in, is in porta pottys. Public toilets pale in comparison to that mess.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Oh that poor poor girl!! I STILL have poop and pee issues. I won't even pee with the door open if my husband is home. If I absolutely HAVE to pee and he's in the tub or shower or something, I make him keep the curtain closed, otherwise, if he even pretends he's going to open it, I can't go.

#2s, I have serious issues. When I was a kid I only went to the bathroom every 2-3 days. I thought that was normal. I wouldn't go at school, at friend's houses or if there was a chance anyone in my house was going to be using the bathroom after me. To this DAY, I absolutely HATE going #2 if anyone but my kids are home, even my husband. I will wait until I'm getting ready for a bath, lock the door, run my water and turn on the vent, and my husband has seen me give BIRTH. Unfortunately, over the years the constipation has gotten far worse, and I'm lucky if I go every 5 days. Nothing I do, Mirilax, extra fiber, probiotic stuff, does anything. This makes me even more uncomfortable about going #2. I know I should see a doc, I'm just incredibly embarrassed about it.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #22  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

There are a lot of poop-shy people here! I tried to avoid pooping in school but it was never that serious. That girl must have a lot of other, more serious issues than just being poop-shy.

I don't really care about pooping these days aside from flushing the toilet if I'm making a lot of noise.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

I couldn't help but giggle at this thread! I never knew there were so many people in the world who had issues "dropping the kids of at the pool" in public bathrooms. When ya gotta go, ya gotta go. I have IBS and go frequently. Usually it's very liquid so if anyone's listening to me, they may think I just am taking a very long pee. When I was in high school, I would go in the morning before school and did my best to hold it. When you're a teenager, the last thing you want is your boyfriend or the guy you have a crush on seeing you head for the loo. But once I got over that silliness, taking a crap in public bathrooms didn't bother me in the least. Now I go just fine at the public bathroom at work and I know there are other ladies I work with who do the same.
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint Sized Terror View Post
Oh that poor poor girl!! I STILL have poop and pee issues. I won't even pee with the door open if my husband is home. If I absolutely HAVE to pee and he's in the tub or shower or something, I make him keep the curtain closed, otherwise, if he even pretends he's going to open it, I can't go.

#2s, I have serious issues. When I was a kid I only went to the bathroom every 2-3 days. I thought that was normal. I wouldn't go at school, at friend's houses or if there was a chance anyone in my house was going to be using the bathroom after me. To this DAY, I absolutely HATE going #2 if anyone but my kids are home, even my husband. I will wait until I'm getting ready for a bath, lock the door, run my water and turn on the vent, and my husband has seen me give BIRTH. Unfortunately, over the years the constipation has gotten far worse, and I'm lucky if I go every 5 days. Nothing I do, Mirilax, extra fiber, probiotic stuff, does anything. This makes me even more uncomfortable about going #2. I know I should see a doc, I'm just incredibly embarrassed about it.

Get yourself to a doctor girl!!!!

I have had constipation issues for years, and did nothing about it. I finally went to a GI doctor to find out I have diverticulitis and had a polyp removed that was pre disposed to caner. You have to see if there is something wrong with you! You have to get over being embarrassed about it. Swallow the embarrassment and go for your kids.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #25  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

haha this thread cracks me up. i never ever EVER went to the bathroom at school when i was a kid. trauma from kindergarten.
i'm pretty sure a lot of holding it is what has caused me to have such stomach problems now that i'm older.
i also once held it so long i threw up. luckily i went home sick and made it there before it happened. i think it was 6th grade.
now with the ibs- gotta go when i gotta go. but- if someone talks to me, or someone i know is in the public restroom with me i can't.
ugh- on the flip side of that my MIL once was chatting it up with me while droppin' off the kids at the pool in a public restroom. i left her in there talking to herself.
my bigger problem is an irrational fear that someone will come in and vomit while i'm in a public restroom. so i get in and get out before the disgusting pukers that i imagine exist can come in and ruin my day. god i'm weird.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #26  

OMG this is horrible -- if the poor thing was so embarrassed about using a public restroom she will be really upset over what ended up happening :O( It will be hard for her to come back to school. Who knows what trauma she endured to make her have that phobia to that extent? Poor thing.
K8-EEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 191 / 183.5 / 145

Height: 5'7"

I am 27 years old and have never gone #2 in a public restroom. I can't remember a time when I ever needed to ? If it was an emergency, I suppose I would, but in general, I think I would wait until I could come home.
Janda27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:00 PM   #28  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

I don't remember having any issues as a child but as an adult, I cannot go poop if someone might hear me. For a long time I couldn't even pee without flushing first and then try to p quickly under cover of the noise. And if there was a queue waiting...... I'm cured of that, 99.9% of the time but the pooping thing drives me mad. Fortunately, when I'm at home my normal pattern is up-poop-breakfast-poop - so generally I'm OK. However, last month when the family were here for mother's 90th, I couldn't guarantee no-one would hear me. I tried - but it just hid :S So after breakfast I pretended I'd left something in church and went to the bathroom there. (It's only a couple hundred paces away).

Once again, 3fc shows me I may be weird but not alone!

Last edited by Rosinante; 10-16-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #29  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

That poor girl, that is mortifying! I don't like to poop in public bathrooms, but I will if I have to. I mean, I can have to poop and try to poop until the cows come home at school but my sphincter will like, tighten and refuse to release it lol. So as my boyfriend says, I wait until it's point critical.

I can relate to that girl though. I was always scared (err, neurotically terrified) in high school that I would get a sudden case of diarrhea and would have to go in the school bathrooms, but it never happened. If it did now, whatever, I'd blow the bathroom up. I'd just feel bad because I hate how women's restrooms always smell like poop and period, and I would be contributing to that.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 10-19-2010 at 07:58 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oodlesofnoodles View Post
That poor girl, that is mortifying! I don't like to poop in public bathrooms, but I will if I have to. I mean, I can have to poop and try to poop until the cows come home at school but my sphincter will like, tighten and refuse to release it lol. So as my boyfriend says, I wait until it's point critical.

I can relate to that girl though. I was always scared (err, neurotically terrified) in high school that I would get a sudden case of diarrhea and would have to go in the school bathrooms, but it never happened. If it did now, whatever, I'd blow the bathroom up. I'd just feel bad because I hate how women's restrooms always smell like poop and period, and I would be contributing to that.
I get like that if I'm staying in a house with a bunch of people. I call it shy colon.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote