General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

I definitely would like to adopt. I would prefer to adopt from the states---my same area, as there are so many children from right in our own neighborhoods that need help.

I also will consider being a foster parent if I cannot adopt.

Right now, with the recession, I worry about having enough money to be able to raise a child. I know you don't have to be super rich to raise kids, but right now, things are so tight that I am just trying to make it, and I want to be able to provide a good home for my child.

I do like being in a relationship and I do like having a partner. It seems very normal to me, and it is something that I want. I admit that I am afraid about being alone, lonesome, etc.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #32  

Height: 5'6

Default 19 years and holding strong

As a teenager, I never wanted to get married young. I had watched my parents (married for 40 yrs now) remaining unhappily married--basically a cook-maid/paycheck relationship. I met my future husband while I was in high school. He was my best friend first and still is after 19 years of marriage. I was 19 when we married and he was 21. He is one person who I can totally be myself around and kinda like an extension of my brain lol. I think you are selling yourself short if you totally give up. And anyone who says they don't need a "man/partner/significant other" just hasn't found that right person. We can all make it on our own...but who wants to when life is so much better if you have someone who you can really trust and rely on.
michelinwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #33  

I love the Michelinwoman moniker! So adorable!
Old 09-30-2010, 05:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/135

Height: 5'9"

Yes. Married life is not for me. I am too independent and I value my personal space too much. Maybe it's the fact that I shared a room for 18 years and in the past 3 years I have had 10 different housemates... I cannot wait until I can afford my own place so I will be able to live by myself. I have always been surrounded by other people yet the thing that I want the most is to be alone... does that make any sense?

I'm not opposed to having a boyfriend or a "special" friend if you know what I mean, but I cannot imagine getting married and having kids. I know I am still young (21) and that might change but the idea is not appealing at all.
Zanahoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 224/207/174

Height: 4'11"

I am 44yrs old & have never married. I've been engaged 3 times but called it off each time because I just couldn't imagine spending the rest of my life with any of them.

I now feel like that part of my life is done. I've got 2 great kids & a beautiful grandbaby that I can dote on and for me, that brings me all the satisfaction & fulfillment I need.

Joplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #36  

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelinwoman View Post
I think you are selling yourself short if you totally give up. And anyone who says they don't need a "man/partner/significant other" just hasn't found that right person. We can all make it on our own...but who wants to when life is so much better if you have someone who you can really trust and rely on.
Ehhhh....I don't think I agree with this. I think that it's a perfectly valid choice to remain single, and not everyone yearns to have that partner that is always there....day in and day out......sharing the bathroom with you, telling you that the cat can't sleep on the bed, influencing how the money is spent and saved (or not)......yeah, not so much.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 PM   #37  
Big Miss Sunshine

S/C/G: 280/See Ticker/175

Height: 72.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windchime View Post
Ehhhh....I don't think I agree with this. I think that it's a perfectly valid choice to remain single, and not everyone yearns to have that partner that is always there....day in and day out......sharing the bathroom with you, telling you that the cat can't sleep on the bed, influencing how the money is spent and saved (or not)......yeah, not so much.
I agree with you, Windchime . . . I think that a person can know whether or not their lives would be better coupled or single without it being just "not having found Mr. Good-Enough" yet. I started dating at 15 and didn't get married until I was 37. I wanted to be a married person, but singlehood has some very good aspects to it. A lot of people are divorced from the one they thought they could "trust and rely on." I'm not trying to be mean but it is just reality.
MissKoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:30 PM   #38  

I do think that if I had children I could love and provide for and have a feeling of a sense of purpose in my life, then, I would be ok with being single and not married. As long as I could give my kids the best life and be a good mom, my responsibilities to them would help me to not focus on being "alone".

I also don't want to be with a man who doesn't want kids....so, in reality, being a mom is more important to me than being super duper great married to this handsome dark haired man who happens to like to read.

I do feel better about my recent dating dilemmas. I don't feel bad about it anymore. I mean, I feel bad for arguing and being upset as it wasn't his fault. But, he also doesn't seem like a man who wants to be married and changing diapers and buying a house and all of that. He says he isn't sure what he wants, and well, maybe I am just not the best person for him. I don't want to make him feel bad about not knowing what he wants in life, that just isn't right for me to do.