General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-20-2010, 02:28 AM   #1  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Default I am freaking out!!

For the past 3 day, 2 of my toes on my left foot has been numb. I thought it was because of my shoes. On friday, I wore heeled boots while standing for 3 hours. My feet were hurting pretty bad after that. On sat, I wore my usual Converse shoes, but instead of tucking in the laces, I tied them. I thought maybe I tied them too tight, so I loosed them up a little bit. It didn't help at all. Even while I was laying down, my toes still felt numb!! As of right now..a toe on my right foot is a little bit numb. But it feels as if it's coming & going.

Besides that, I was fine today until I woke up from a nap. I felt really shaky, so I figured I just needed to eat (even though I've NEVER felt like this when I was hungry). Anyhoo..I ate and still felt shaky. At first, it was only my right arm & leg that were feeling shaky. But now it's all over. I thought it could be a panic attack coming on, because I do tend to shake when I'm having one..but I don't feel panicky at all. I just feel weird and shaky.

I should also mention that for the 3 months, I've been having horrible blinding headaches. The kind of headaches that lasts for hours & where the light and sound makes it even worse.

I looked up these symptoms online and several sites said the same thing. That it could hypoglycemia or diabetes. Is that what it could be? I'm really freaking out right now. I'm so shaky that I can't sleep!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:07 AM   #2  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

My first thought was Diabetes... I hope it's not but for peace of mind I think you should go to the doctor ASAP. Best of luck!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:50 AM   #3  
I was born this way hey!

N/m about the shaking. My dinner must've made me really sick, because after I threw up, the shakiness went away. Toes are still numb though. I will call the doc about that.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

The toes thing--have you started heavy aerobic exercising? I have a toe that is numb 24/7--and you know, I have just come to accept it. The headaches could be any number of things.

I also have two sisters with Mutiple Sclerosis. They have numbness--although it tends to be much more widespread than only toes with them and they have horrible headaches. I am just throwing it out there though NOT to worry you but to please mention it to your doc. M.S. is best when caught earliest and can usually be detected with an MRI. I am NOT suggesting you have M.S. but if no other reasons can be found for your episodes, maybe you should look into the possiblility.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 09-20-2010 at 08:45 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey

I just went to the doctor last week for 2 numb toes on my right foot. The doctor said it is most likely due to shoes. If it's not better in 2 weeks, she suggested a test to check and see if the problem is in my foot or my back.

I have a family history of diabetes and she said it was not diabetes. Go see a doctor if it's not better in a week or so, but don't freak out!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

I am having issues with the 4th toe on my right foot. I have been doing Walk Away The Pounds (low impact walking w/ short sessions of a jog-like pace) since about February. I was having no issues until I moved into my new home a few weeks ago which has all hardwood floors and tile. So I'm assuming my problem is caused by the floors in my house. I have been standing alot trying to get the house organized, but it bothers me when exercising, too. I am thinking about visiting my orthopedist soon if this (and another issue I am having with my right foot) does not get better

So for you, it could be a nerve that is pinched or impinged. Mine sees to come from my heel area and then up into the toe....like a little electric jolt.

I don't know if it from your back or not. When I had a ruptured disc in my lower lumbar spine and had surgery for it, my numbness was in the top of my foot and my big toe...as well as pain and numbness in my leg.

Good luck!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:10 PM   #7  
I was born this way hey!

I was supposed to start exercising again today, but I'm still sick from last night. However..over the weekend, I did do A LOT of walking. My feet still hurt too. We pretty much walked up and down the boardwalk the whole weekend, so that is a lot of miles back & forth.

I haven't had any lower back pain. All my pain is in my shoulders & neck. Could that have any effect on my toes? I don't like the numbness feeling in my toes. But if the doc said there is nothing to worry about, then I wont. I will bring up everything mentioned though.

OKay..I have an appt with my doc for wed...
Old 09-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #8  
The Last 10lbs!

I don't know if this could be related, but I've heard walking barefoot on hard floors can impact your feet/back. I wear crocs (which I think are hideous, but comfortable) in the house all the time. It keeps my feet warm and also means I'm not standing on the cold, hard tile floor with bare feet or thin socks. Might that be something that could be affecting you? I've never heard of it causing numb feet though.
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #9  
I was born this way hey!

I don't have hardwood floors. My place is carpeted. I also wear slippers, the bottoms are shoe-like.
Old 09-20-2010, 05:46 PM   #10  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

When my toes became numb it was caused by poor circulation. The doc highly suggested I quit smoking and caffeine. I did both and have had no further trouble.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote