Looking to move out on my own

• The only source of income I have is SSI. Hopefully I can save some money and move out by next December. My living situation is intolerable!
  • I feel for you.
    I'm in the same situation. I'm living on SSI and want to move out. It is just not going to happen for me until i can find a job. Like that is going to HAPPEN in today's econonmy.
    I hope you have better luck than me.
    It's horrible living somewhere you don't like.
    Good luck.
  • When I was first looking to move out on my own, I worked 2 jobs so I could afford it....and the job market sucked then too. Funny, once I was gone all the time working, I didn't hate my living conditions so badly. I worked a boring desk job that I hated during the day making hardly any money and waited table in the evening. Walla...both entry level jobs, found a great roommate in the process and ended up with a pretty nice place to live. Just like weight loss, it can be done...if you really want it. Good luck
  • Thanks everyone for the support!
  • during college I was super broke- so I rented a 2 bedroom apartment with a sun-room with 2 roommates. It was the stereotype college place, complete with train going through the backyard! the rent was 367 each utilities included! (only moved out last winter)
    I'm sure if you hunt around you'll find a situation better then where you are, having roommates is great I met a ton of interesting people!