General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-31-2010, 08:23 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default OK... what to do with my hair????

All right... so... I'm growing my hair out.

But... at the moment, it's kind of in an awkward in-between, and... I know what to do with my short hair when I had short hair... and what to do with long hair... but... right now... I can't think of what to do with it.

I do need to get my bangs trimmed up a bit sometime... I want them to hit right at my cheekbones.

I did recently dye my hair to a darker color... which I LOVE.

(YUCK... NASTY PHOTO!! (this is with my darker colored hair... which I LOVE)

BUT... BUT... I CAN SEE A TRACE OF COLLARBONE IN THIS PICTURE!!! OMG!!!)

What I find annoying is that either my hair is greasy to the point where it looks wet (after one day), or have SO much volume that my hair is just OVERLY poofie.

I've tried putting it in ponytails or buns to just keep it out of the way... but it's too short for that at the moment...

My hair is the kind of hair that, when it decides to be one way for the day... there's almost nothing I can do to change it unless I go take a whole 'nother shower.

I do need some help finding a good type of shampoo for my hair. It's mostly straight, with a slight wave in it... and I inherited my Dad's UBER greasiness. I like conditioner, but most tend to make my hair even greasier...

So... I dunno... but... I just need some way to figure out what to DO with it during the "in-between" time while I'm waiting for it to grow out.

Oh... tools I have:
curling iron
lots of different styling gels and mousse and sprays, my Aunt is a hairdresser... and gave my mom a TON of things, who gave it to me...

And I need to go buy a straightening iron again. I loved my mom's one... but she took it to Serbia with her... Any tips on a cheaper quality straightener that'll hopefully last a couple years at least?
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

hmm, I'm not so great at styling hair, but I'll give it a whirl. I love those "no-slip grip" bobby pins! They're great at staying in all day.
I have really fine, thin hair that tends to look greasy too. Ironically enough, I use head and shoulders for dry scalp care, and it actually helped. Also, try reducing the amount of conditioner use use--just a thought. I use the size of a dime and my hair is almost halfway down my back. I only apply it to the ends of my hair, never the roots or scalp.
I apologize if I'm giving you advice you're already doing, btw!
Buy some cheap headbands from the dollar store to see if you like headbands before you buy nicer ones.
Parting your hair on the side can make it seem new too.
Sadly, I cannot help you with having too much hair volume. I wish you could donate some hair volume to me
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

oooh, I wanted to add that you have a very cute face and it should be easy to play with your hair and fine something cute to do with it. You have such pretty facial features!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #4  
The girl who can

S/C/G: 240/207.8/165

Height: 5'6"

How about this?

For shampoo, I cannot say enough wonderful things about Lush Reincarnate! It's absolutely the best I've ever found.
Rochester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM   #5  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

Looks like you have fine hair like mine...I have lots of layers, which can make it difficult to style, but what I usually do is take a some hot rollers ($30-ish) and put them in and let them set while I do my make up. Then I just run my fingers thru my hair, spray my bangs with a little hairspray and am out the door. It may take a few tries to get them in correctly so you don't get crazy fly away ends, but soon you'll be a pro! Good luck!
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:39 PM   #6  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Rochester... not looking at cutting my hair... thanks though! I'm wanting it to grow out... just trying to figure out how to style it while it's in the awkward "in-between" (like the rest of my body... ).

Thanks chickybird! That picture is... well... BLECH. I've always liked my facial structure... and that picture does absolutely nothing for it... as well as showing how inexperienced I am with makeup with my racoon eyes. I still thank you so so much for that comment... you made me blush.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

The dark color looks nice with your skin, you got that really pretty olive-y tone to it and dark colors look really good. When I had my hair really short (like I had this really ugly Bea-Arthur-eqsue boy haircut at one point) I usually just used head bands and barettes. Maybe some cute barettes?
As far as straighteners go I had a Remington I think it was and the price was like $30 or $40 but the thing last forever and it was the best straightener I've ever used; I got a CHI for Christmas and the Remington was better than that.

Last edited by bunnythesAINT; 09-01-2010 at 08:03 AM.
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote