General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #16  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

great stories! mine is a gesture.

my mom and I shared the same birthday (she had me when she turned 40), and we were very close. she passed away in 1996 -- the most difficult thing I've ever been through. My dad gave all the kids an old photo of her in her 20s that he'd made copies of using a scanner.

well, I'd always wanted a locket, and gave that as a suggestion to bf when my birthday rolled around after mom died. As a birthday present, he bought me a silver heart locked and shrank the pic of my mom and put it inside. Really great and thoughtful gesture, I love him for doing that for me.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM   #17  
Girl from Rio

S/C/G: 242/See ticker/118

Height: 5 2"

Great stories!!

Mine is not very romantic, but for diversity sake, here it goes...

I had transferred for work from Brazil to Spain, and decided to try the internet to meet new people. We met online in November 2006, we would exchange almost daily emails, and he seemed nice. We decided to meet in person in February 2007, and for me it was definately lust at first sight. He was the picture perfect of everything that usually phisically attracks me, but it wasnīt love, for neither of us I think... so we progress to being friends with benefits.

Around July 2007 I decided that I didnīt really wanted anything anymore with him, so we parted our ways. But he still stayed in touch, he would write me eventual emails, call me every once in a while... but I wouldnīt agree to go out again. In the meantime I fell madly in love with another guy that was living in Boston, and since I had always wanted to live there anyways, I decided to apply for a transfer...

As the time passed, in one very gloomy friday night I decided to go out with him again, and here I have to be cruely honest and say that I only did it because I was feeling lonely and in need of male attention... We started with the friends with benefits thing again, and we would see each other maybe once every 2 weeks. In the meantime I was sent to a project in Prague, where I would be from Mon - Fri, my move to Boston was approved and I started to pack.

About two months before my move, as I was leaving my house to go to a friendīs birthday party, I decided to take a complete different route than the one I would usually take and because of one of those inexplicable coincidences, as I turn a corner I saw him crossing the street with another woman.... and I saw myself feeling sad and then anger. I was sad because I realized that I actually had feelings for him, and angry at me for puting myself in that position.

The next day I called him and said I wanted to end things, since I was moving to Boston there was no reason to pursue a relationship... he talked me into just enjoying the time we had left in the same city, to seize the day. And Iīm glad I did... I lived in Boston for a year, he went to visit me twice, I came to Madrid to visit him a few times as well, and after a while I decided to leave my job and move back to Spain, and weīve been living together for the past 10 months.

I donīt know if itīs forever, but I do know that right now I do love him very much, and Iīm happy that we are sharing our lives...
carol2208 is offline   Reply With Quote