General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 08-20-2010, 05:05 AM   #1  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Palmer's Cocoa Butter Firming Formula

Today when I went to pick up some more skin cream I found a new to me brand - Palmer's - and one of their products claims to help firm up your skin after pregnancy or weight loss.

Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter :

This unique formula is specifically designed to restore your body to its natural, original firmness anytime, even after pregnancy or weight loss. The unique combination of Cocoa Butter, Collagen, Elastin, and Shea Butter firms and tones while improving skin elasticity and texture. In addition Ginseng and Vitamin E help to nourish and rejuvenate tired skin. Co Enzyme Q10 is an antioxidant that stimulates skin cells to tone and smooth the skin.

I figured "why not!" and bought a bottle. I like the smell (a biggie for me since even unscented things often put me off) and it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy. So I'm happy with it just as a skin cream but I'm curious if anyone else has tried this stuff (or anything similar). Can a body lotion really help at all?

I hope to report back in a month that I now have the firm and supple skin of an 18 year old....
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladadog View Post
I hope to report back in a month that I now have the firm and supple skin of an 18 year old....
haha... wouldn't that be amazing !! I haven't tried it but am really looking forward to seeing how it works for you!!
southernbelle102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

i think giving the skin the essential nutrients it needs as you shrink down MAY help with the firmness of your skin...ACTUALLY just massaging the skin does wonders for the elasticity and firmness. There really is something to facial exercising and the other technique of massaging yourself thinner. You increase circulation to an area, which increases blood flow which in turn brings more nutrients. the rubbing alone helps disperse fat from broken collagen fibers.

So find something you like--and rub away.

I am in love with coconut oil. It absorbs nicely, but is very greasy when it goes on. I rub myself down with it daily.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:49 AM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

I LOVE Palmer's coconut butter. It's the only thing that keeps my leg psoriasis at bay in the winter. But I get the solid butter, not the lotions. Some of the lotions have a weird scent to me.
synger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:15 AM   #5  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
ACTUALLY just massaging the skin does wonders for the elasticity and firmness. There really is something to facial exercising and the other technique of massaging yourself thinner. You increase circulation to an area, which increases blood flow which in turn brings more nutrients. the rubbing alone helps disperse fat from broken collagen fibers.
This sounds like THE BEST arguement for me to get a full body massage every month...
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #6  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

I also love Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion, and I use it all the time! I don't like the smell--I think I smell like a Reese's Pieces candy to me, which I don't even like the taste of--but the lotion works wonders and doesn't leave me feeling sticky like so many other lotions I've tried do. I highly recommend it. I don't know how well it will firm up sagging skin but I love how healthy and balanced my skin looks after I used it!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #7  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

I've been to 6 different stores (Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, Publix, Walgreens, and CVS) and can't find this anywhere.
Where did you buy it??? I want to give it a try.
Thanks
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #8  
weight, be gone!

S/C/G: 227/191/125

Height: 5' 4"

I see it on amazon.com and walgreens.com.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku3884015

Partway down the page, there is a link that says "Find In Store". Click that, and a box will pull up that allows you to enter a zip code. You could search that way if there are more than one Walgreens near you.

I think it's worth a try, I'm looking for it now, too

Also, it is on Walmart.com

Last edited by lolcat; 08-28-2010 at 08:03 PM.
lolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #9  
smexin' it up ♥

S/C/G: 123.4/116.4/80

Height: 180cm

I have a huuuuuge pump bottle of this and i use it every day, on my body and my face! I have nasty sensitive skin on my face, and this doesn't sting at all for me!

And with it smelling like chocolate, and my vanilla deodorant....and peppermint lipbalm.....I smell delicious
summershine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #10  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

I'm in love with Lush. They have a Porridge Soap that is full of oatmeal bits. I rub the parts I'm expecting to be loose--upper arms, inner thighs, boobs, belly--with it and follow up with Buffy (which is basically a lotion bar with scrubby stuff in it). I don't know if it actually does anything, but I love the way my skin feels afterward.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote