General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #1  
Want 2 B a Oneder Woman!

S/C/G: 280/ticker/199

Height: 5'7

Angry what's the point!?

she eats and does what she wants and loses 4 lbs...i count everything i put in my mouth and work out 4 days a week... i gain 2 lbs.. she says maybe it's time you lower your calories for the day....i'm in tears and so frustrated.....what's the point?!
dolcevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 169/141/110

Height: 5'2

Keep in there! It's normal for weight to go up and down. I have to remember to eat enough calories and not skimp too much, that leads your body to hold onto the weight. I'm sure you know that already. Really though, don't give up!! I had one month where my weight didn't budge at all....;(...but it will get off with time and patience.
annputation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It can be so frustrating when people around you seem to sneeze and lose a pound! For some people, it's slower and harder and there are some weeks when nothing seems to happen. Yet....if they can keep up their hard work and make sure they're doing everything they can....they can look back one year later from where they want to be or they can give up and one year later be exactly where they were...or worse.

Regardless of what this woman is doing, that doesn't have any real impact on you physically. It's not about her. It's about you and your journey. Your journey will have bumps and uphill battles, but if you stick it out, I believe you'll feel so much better and you'll be so proud of your accomplishments. Obviously, you know what to do...you've already lost 12 lbs. Just do more of what you've been doing. Hang in there!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:40 AM   #4  
from Here to There...

S/C/G: 256.2 lbs/241.2 lbs/120 lbs

Height: 5'4"

Weight loss isn't the only sign of success. Feeling better, being more active, fitting into smaller clothes... don't focus on just the one thing. Comparing yourself to other people will drive you batty. This is about you, and only you! You can do this!
SeaWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 AM   #5  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You'll get there... just hang with it!!!

Every day on plan is a chance to make change for the better. Every day off plan is a step in the WRONG direction.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It is hard to keep from comparing yourselves to others. Heck, it's often hard to keep from comparing yourself to former versions of yourself, but when you do it (especially to those who have it easier, and not to those who have it harder) will always drive you crazy and make you feel inadequate. So don't do it (I know it's easier said than done, but learn to recognize the thoughts and get in the habit of "talking" yourself out of them.)

Only you can decide if there's "a point" to all of this. What are your reasons? Only to beat her? - then there probably isn't any point. To get healthier and stronger (or even to get prettier)? Then that's your point, and what does that have to do with her anyway?
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #7  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Weight loss, optimal health is not about what works for others. It's what works for YOU. We're all different and require different things.

And plus, you can be sure you're not seeing the whole picture with this other person. But again, that doesn't really matter.

What's the point? The point is - you want a better life. A more fit, more productive, more active life. With waaaaaay less worries and anxieties and much more joy and ease. You want a simpler, easier more carefree life without walking around with the added burden of the extra weight. You want more vitality, energy, confidence. You want to be the best you possible. You want to not be held hostage by some - food. Oh and yeah - according to the little phrase under your username - you want to be a One-der woman.

That being said, what's your plan looking like? Certainly there are fluctuations that are to be expected. They're perfectly normal. But maybe with a little delving we can help you decipher where those two pounds came from....
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:12 AM   #8  
Want 2 B a Oneder Woman!

thanks for all the support! i think i needed it. i can't compare myself to her or anyone else. it was just frustrating. and it made me emotional. i guess the other reasons that it hit me so hard is that she isn't very supportive but has the nerve to make comments about my life. from now on i'll be doing my weigh ins privately. and its hard because she lives with me, so naturally i'd like to share my excitement over my new lifestyle choices and i can't. i've stopped telling her things and i'm just doing now.

"maybe with a little delving we can help you decipher where those two pounds came from...."

i think i figured it out as i cried before i went to sleep, i had some wine this weekend, so i'm sure i'm retaining water. and i missed my bp medicine. i'm my own worst enemy. the good news in this is i bought a new pair of pants this weekend, in a smaller size then i normally wear and they are kinda big. lol.

again, thanks for all the support. i just needed to get it out and be reminded of why i'm doing this and that i CAN do this. i'm a single mom of a 12 year old. i moved away from the only life i had ever known to a place where i knew no one and started my life over. it's been 3 years now and i'm still getting settled. so you all are pretty much all i have for support. <3
Old 10-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Aww!

I'm glad you're feeling better! I was sick as a dog the other day, unable to hold ANYTHING down and I still gained a pound somehow!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #10  
Want 2 B a Oneder Woman!

thanks! and i hope you're feeling better!
Old 10-04-2010, 10:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

Height: 5'8

I know it can be frustrating but be encouraged and stay focused!
Janel83 is offline   Reply With Quote