General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-21-2010, 11:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

Default Deadliest Catch

I have a history of putting threads in the wrong place, so if there's another place for tv topics I'm sorry mods!

Does anyone else watch this? This Phil business is going to kill me. It's so sad. I hope they have another season even though I can not imagine the show without Phil - and I hope both of the Harris boys are on it because it won't be the same without them.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #2  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Yes, my husband and I are avid fans of the show. We watched the Phil Harris special and it was so sad, but so well done. I loved how they ended it in New Orleans. I also hope his sons will be able to take over the boat and continue on. I'm betting they will.
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #3  

I can not believe they were all in NO and I somehow miss it. I live about an hour away.

It was SO well done. The whole thing was handled so well, and when so much "reality" tv feels like gross exploitation, this was all handled so sensitively.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:53 PM   #4  
Carol

I know! My husband and I would have driven over from Pensacola. We would have loved to be there.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #5  

You're in Pensacola? Can I ask, how are the beaches looking?
Old 07-23-2010, 01:35 AM   #6  
Carol

Our sugar white sands have received oil tar balls and some tar patties but they so far are doing a good job of getting it off the top layer of the sand. They also have machines that are are supposed to remove those tar balls that are underneath the sand after the tides wash in and cover them over.
However, there are still beautiful stretches of the beach where almost no oil is seen. So far they have not restricted swimming because of any health hazards. Our tourism has suffered so much and so many people are out of work -- it's tragic. Officials are hoping to get BP to pay for reduced room rates to bring people here (maybe as much as 1/2 off hotels). So, if you or anyone else wants a beautiful vacation at a reduced rate, please consider Pensacola Beach. Our area has so much more to offer than just the beaches. Feel free to PM me if you have questions. PS We will have to see where tropical storm Bonnie is going in this weekend. Could be more bad news for our area. It's now hurricane season through October.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #7  

We're keeping an eye on the storm development, too. I'm just about an hour north of New Orleans.

We LOVE making trips to the coast, anywhere from Dauphin Island to St. George, we just love the Gulf Coast. I grew up here, moved away for a while, and now that we're back one of the best things about this area is being close enough to make a quick run to the beach for the weekend. We've already been this year, even though we got there a few hours after the oil. We would like to make at least one more trip in October or so. I'll keep Pensacola on our list of possibilities. That's where we always went when I was a kid.