General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 07-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

I don't regret speaking my mind, as I don't want to be affiliated with some of the more negative viewpoints that were being spoken. I don't like feeling like I was the wrong person because I spoke us. That is what made me feel uncomfortable. I was quite shocked, as it seemed like people were more accepting of some of the hate-filled comments, but more uncomfortable when I spoke up against them. Did I change their opinions? Probably not. But at least I did not join in their beliefs.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 PM   #17  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

I'd speak up because I know that in any given situation with a 'group mentality', I'm always right and everyone else is wrong. Even if my opinion is radically different, I'll state it. So what if they don't like it, to my mind people that just 'go along' with things so they aren't disliked or don't want to start a fight are weak.

And then, if there's an argument, you walk away. That makes you the stronger person.
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM   #18  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Oh, this reminds me of one of my favorite Dr. Seuss quotes:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #19  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I wouldn't speak up, I don't like causing arguments. I guess I'm weak. haha
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I don't think having a different opinion and voicing it "causes arguments," unless you use an argumentative tone of voice.

If someone says "I like hamburgers," and you say "I don't, I like pizza." Where's the argument?

It really is possible to contribute to discussions of even the most controversial subjects without arguing.

Last edited by kaplods; 07-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 06:09 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 174/172/130

Height: 5'3"

It depends. I am not a follower so I would agree or pretend to agree with something that went against who I am. What I am tired of is people speaking up and feeling a need to let everyone know where they stand on every issue. Really, who cares. I drive a lot for work and some of the bumper stickers on cars are outrageous. Some people really just need too much attention.
Philigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:01 PM   #22  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philigirl View Post
It depends. I am not a follower so I would agree or pretend to agree with something that went against who I am. What I am tired of is people speaking up and feeling a need to let everyone know where they stand on every issue. Really, who cares. I drive a lot for work and some of the bumper stickers on cars are outrageous. Some people really just need too much attention.
Agreed, I'm all for speaking out and holding an opinion but there are way too many people in this world who are like 'HEY LOOK AT ME, I think different from you!'

Yes, that's nice. And?

I work with a girl like this who has to butt in with her opinion on everything. Even on subjects she knows nothing about. And she's always right, clearly, and contradicts herself a lot because she has to be different from everyone else even when she doesn't want to be.

And of course, she hasn't worked out that I'm always right Clearly xD
Wysteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:58 PM   #23  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i'm exploding with opinions at all times! and i don't really have a working filter- that thing that says "now's not a good time to say that" haha. i have to work really hard sometimes but i mostly just try to avoid people who i know will be upset or feel trampled by me. i really should come with a warning label.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:11 AM   #24  
Just keep breathing!

S/C/G: 191.7/191.7/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
i'm exploding with opinions at all times! and i don't really have a working filter- that thing that says "now's not a good time to say that" haha. i have to work really hard sometimes but i mostly just try to avoid people who i know will be upset or feel trampled by me. i really should come with a warning label.

I wish I could "like" posts on 3FC like facebook! Love this
GradPhase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:50 PM   #25  
Clawing my way back

S/C/G: 290/ticker/140

Height: 5'

Depends. If it's an issue I really believe in, then I will stand up and speak my mind. If it's an issue that I consider trivial, then I might keep my mouth shut.
Ookpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #26  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

I definitely speak up! My boyfriend has told
me he wishes he had the confidence I have
to speak my mind.

At my school we were having a silent day
for homosexuals. It was a respect thing for
them. People who wanted to participate in
it could. Others who didn't want to didn't
have to. All of a sudden a boy in the hallway
said, "Everyone talk! No one cares about fags!"

OH BOY DID MY BLOOD BOIL! I yelled at him until
my face turned purple. Telling him it was disrespectful,
he was ignorant, and every other name on this
planet. I don't regret it either. I don't mind other
peoples' opinions, but when it crosses the line
and is disrespectful, I WILL say something.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

I almost always speak up but such habits have alienated me from people so I'm working on learning when to say something and when to keep my mouth closed. lol. XD
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:01 AM   #28  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I love all of you that have said "SPEAK UP!"......

I am not one to shy away from what I believe and think....

but I also stick with what I said earlier, and that is pick your battles...

I can almost guarantee you I could start a thread here on religion/Jesus ~ homosexuality rights or the current President of the United States and it would close down well before the 500 mandatory mark....

So....learn to pick your battles...at the same time don't give in to what you believe!

Fight On!
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote