3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   This is Random...But it Breaks My Heart for Him! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/206494-random-but-breaks-my-heart-him.html)

ThicknPretty 07-06-2010 09:28 PM

This is Random...But it Breaks My Heart for Him!

I cannot believe how cruel some people can be!

I am currently dating a really sweet guy who happens to be pretty overweight. I don't mind too much because I'm generally attracted to bigger guys anyway, but he's very insecure about his weight and my weight loss efforts only seem to make him feel more insecure. He's divorced and apparently his ex-wife did a lot of damage to his psyche. We were just discussing weight loss and he shared this with me:

When he was married and they were living together, his wife impulsively purchased a series of Tae Bo work out DVDs from TV. He was mad because he knew it was an impulse buy and she wouldn't use them...but then he actually starting using them. So guess what she did? She would get her next door neighboor to come over and they would sneak and hide and watch him work out and then they would make fun of him to his face about it.

I feel sick. How? Why? What kind of person does that to their HUSBAND? I just cannot imagine. I would have been mortified, especially considering how uncoordinated I am and how out of shape and awful I look when exercising. I know this has nothing to do with my weight loss journey or even me personally...but I just feel so...bad about it. I've never heard of something so mean before! It makes me just want to hug him and never stop.

Guess that was a rant.

mthrgoos68 07-06-2010 09:31 PM

You're right, that's pretty bad. He must feel pretty secure with you to have shared that with you and it sounds like he's lucky to have found you.

diane1224 07-06-2010 09:39 PM

I am glad he found someone like you with a kind heart. Mean people are horrible.

zestfest 07-06-2010 11:16 PM

Gosh, it sounds like he's really upgraded in finding you! His ex wife sounds terrible, I feel embarrassed and bad for him just reading that story.

mandalinn82 07-06-2010 11:20 PM

There are mean people everywhere, who will berate others for just about anything. It's sad, really.

Coondocks 07-07-2010 12:01 AM

ugh, irritates me.
Reminds me of a friend of mine . . . he had mentioned how he had noticed I was losing weight and needed to go to the gym with me because he's put on weight.
I laughed at that, thinking he was joking, when he said his girlfriend had been telling him he put on weight and was getting fat. Did I mention he's 6'4" and 223 lbs - not what i'd call fat

that irritated me

souvenirdarling 07-07-2010 12:04 AM

I wouldn't have been mortified, I would be angry at the childish behavior and irritated at the ridiculousness of the situation. What a story! *Laughed* at him! GRRR!

I hope he's happier now and develops more confidence in himself! :)

Coondocks, that is a different situation, one I've been in myself, telling MY boyfriend. We all have different opinions about what "fat" is; I thought 230 on my 6'2" BF was too overweight - he was unhappy too. We must be honest to a certain extent with our SOs, because appearance and attractions does affect our relationship.

Coondocks 07-07-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by souvenirdarling (Post 3374314)
I wouldn't have been mortified, I would be angry at the childish behavior and irritated at the ridiculousness of the situation. What a story! *Laughed* at him! GRRR!

I hope he's happier now and develops more confidence in himself! :)

Coondocks, that is a different situation, one I've been in myself, telling MY boyfriend. We all have different opinions about what "fat" is; I thought 230 on my 6'2" BF was too overweight - he was unhappy too. We must be honest to a certain extent with our SOs, because appearance and attractions does affect our relationship.

Oh I agree you need to be honest, but when it comes to a SO there is a level of tact you should use . . . saying "Youre getting fat" . . . . not so tactful . . . (and it should have said 203 not 223 . . . typing in the dark is not good :p )

love114 07-07-2010 03:40 AM

That is just horrible!!! Good for him for having found you!

I feel bad for him too and I don't even know him :(

Gosh people just suck sometimes

Stella 07-07-2010 05:44 AM

That`s what children do (although it`s really boad!). She sounds rather immature!

icmethinner 07-07-2010 09:15 AM

Hmmm.... tell him when he thinks of that, it is a good reminder of why it is better that she is his EX! I constantly have reminders of why my ex husband is my EX husband :)

gonnadoitthistime 07-07-2010 01:20 PM

Glad he is rid of her, hope he learns to trust. Wonder what she hates herself so much for that she has to do that to someone else???
Send her a link to this page, I have no doubt that in life she will pay for being that way, he needs to let go of that awful experience though, and I hope you got his ok to post it here.

3FCer344892 07-22-2010 03:38 AM

Gosh, that ticks me off. I Love my husband with all of my heart, so I just can't comprehend a wife doing something so nasty and cruel to her husband. Good for him for getting out of that relationship. I'm sure you'll make him WAY happier. :)

Natasha1534 07-22-2010 04:36 AM

What a horribly mean and nasty woman he was married to!!! Thank God he got out of that marriage and found a nice girl like you!!!