General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #1  

Cool Anyone Have Tempurpedic?

I need to buy a new mattress and I'm thinking of Tempurpedic. I'd like to know what users experiences are with it. Thanks for your input.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:07 AM   #2  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

I don't have one, but I'm really interested in getting one. They look so comfy! So I'm bumping this... Temperpedic owners - happy or otherwise - please chime in!

Last edited by Fressca; 06-25-2010 at 11:07 AM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:23 AM   #3  

We have one - for years (but can't remember how long) - we loves it. At first you are thinking 'what have I done?!' as it is so different but then you become a member of the cult.
The only problem was it is heavy and unwieldy - takes two strong guys to move it. We brought it up the back deck stairs as we could not get it in the front door and up those stairs because of the turn.
hth!
froggydawgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #4  

Height: 5'3

Courtyard by Marriott has changed to Temperpedic mattresses. Can you afford a weekend getaway and test-sleep the mattress at a hotel.?

I did not like it when I stayed there. I felt like I sunk into the bed and couldn't smoothly roll over. I think you either love em or hate em so it is best to be sure before you commit yourself. I have a temperpedic pillow that I do like so go figure.
2Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:13 PM   #5  

Cool

Thanks, everyone, for responding. I checked out the two San Francisco Marriotts but neither of them offers Tempurpedic. The company does offer a 3-month free trial and if you don't like the mattress, you can send it back free of charge. I'm considering doing that.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:22 PM   #6  
Workin' It

It is definitely a love it or hate it thing - I have friends who adore theirs, I couldn't stand the one I slept on. But, as someone else said, I love my Tempurpedic pillow.

They are crazy heavy, someone in my apartment complex had to relocate to the first floor the same way she would have had to do for a water bed.

Last edited by Shannon in ATL; 06-25-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

I've heard they're hot, which worries me, because where I live, it's summer that's the challenge (trying not to run A/C at night) not winter.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #8  
Changing behaviours

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieJ08 View Post
I've heard they're hot, which worries me, because where I live, it's summer that's the challenge (trying not to run A/C at night) not winter.
I've heard this too.

And while I'd like to give this mattress the 90-day trial, I find myself wondering about what the company does with the ones that are returned. Do they go up for sale again?
Old 06-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #9  
Keto on!

S/C/G: 256/200/180

Height: 5'6

I have the split adjustable Rhapsody bed. I absolutely love it. I don't think it's too hot at all and I'm in Arizona. It did have a weird chemical smell that lasted about 2 weeks though. I also suggest finding a hotel that has it first because when I researched it before I bought it people generally loved it or hated it.
Gela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #10  
Changing behaviours

AND... I've heard they're great to make love on. Anybody???
Old 07-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

We've had one for 3 years and love it. The only problem is when we travel and have to sleep on spring wire mattresses again, it feels awful! No tempurpedics are not hot. They do get affected by temperature however. In the winter when it's cold the mattress hardens up and in the summer when it's warm they relax and become a little softer. I've had the best sleep of my life in the past 3 years.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #12  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

They ARE hot - at least, the OLDER version models were. I think they've fixed that problem.

Actually, we just bought a new bed a couple months ago. We ended up getting the "Sealy Posturpedic" version of the Tempurpedic bed (I know I am slaughtering the spellings of those words.... egads!)

They come in different firmness like other mattresses. The SP version knew of the "hotness" problem that the Temps had, so they found a way to fix that problem. (And our bed-selling guy said that Temp had MANY complaints about the hotness, & have now corrected that problem as well.) The SP is about $1000 LESS than the Temp models, but the Temp models have 20 yr warranty and the SP has 10-12 yr warranty.

The really GOOD thing is that you NEVER have to FLIP the mattress! - that's a huge plus when you have a king size bed! - and so far, we LOVE our new bed. It's PERFECT comfort, and we both no longer have lower back pain. Love it!!!

Best thing to do is go to a bedding place & lay on a few. We got a 30-day MBG on ours, so if we weren't completely satisfied within 30 days, we could return it for another mattress.

Good luck in your decision!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 07-01-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 212/216/150

Height: 5'3

I would love to have one as well. My husband and his ex had one, and she got it when they divorced. He loved it and wants one again. Said it was weird at first, cause its like its sucking you into the matteress. But once he got used to it, he was hooked.
CrystalZ10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #14  
I wanna be a loser, too

Height: vertically challenged

I've heard good and bad and that several years into it people don't feel as good about them. However, after reading the comments here, I think I'll have to do further research. Perhaps Consumer Reports may help.
cbmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #15  
No description available.

We have them in the call rooms at the hospital and I don't think they are comfortable.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote