Calling All Crafty Chicks! Post your Crafty wares!

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • I started a Crafty Chicks thread a while back and would like to do it again! I love being able to see what everyone is making. I consider myself very crafty and want to brag about it. So here are a few photos.

Can't wait to see what you all are up to!

Happy Crafting!

• OOOH i wanna add. i like to think im pretty crafty. so here i go.

• heres some more of my stuff. oh and i have to say that i absolutely love the second pic. is that tatting? and your socks are gorgeous as well

• Ooohhh I love this, cos I love making things of all kinds and I love seeing what others get up to!

Some of my jewellery (which has been my main focus lately):

• redchase- no, not tatting, tiny crochet. I use a steel hook size(s) 8-10 with thread #10. I have done some mojo bags in even smaller stitches with smaller hook and thread. Maybe this is why I'm going blind!lol! Those cakes are a riot! I love the Gene Simmons one! Are the first two pics on your first post cakes too? (sorry, thought they looked like pinatas.)

ruby2sday- Absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to make metal jewelry. I tried my hand at bead-weaving, and wire wrapping with and without jig. I still have my supplies, but have yet to pick it up again! Us temperamental crafters!!

I have more pics too!
    Pic 1- Bead woven collar necklace
    Pic 2- Celtic style costume
    Pic 3- Cosmos doily
    Pic 4 & 5- Table runner

• It's been a while since I've made anything. But my new roomie has a potter's wheel that I'm planning to get on soon. http://ashleyclaiborne.weebly.com/ashleys-artwork.html
  • heavyandhomebound, you are so right about us temperamental crafters!

I've done everything from tole/decorative painting, paper crafts and stamping, beaded jewellery, painting and collage, digital art, all the way up to my metalworking and lampwork bead making!

I think I'm hooked on my metal now though

I can't believe you crochet soooo tiny! My mom can do that too. I envy anyone that can sew and knit and crochet. I've never had the patience.

So nice to see what everyone enjoys doing in their time
  • Forgot to add that all of your stuff is gorgeous!

Do any of you ladies sell online anywhere?
  • Right now I'm mostly crocheting, but here are some makeover dolls I've done (the only craft I have photos of, handy).

• I tried to sell some pieces on etsy, but wasn't really dedicated to it and they never sold. I only had like 4 items posted and just kinda stuck 'em up there and forgot about them. I really haven't made a lot of marketable work. I thought I would be able to sell the blue "nesting" bowls (there's a pic of one on my website) pretty easily. But the glaze ran fairly badly on all but 2 of them, which my mom and my sister promptly claimed. Also, I have a penchant for dark earth tones and I think most buyers are more attracted to white clay bodies with light glazes.
  • Ashley- did you make those pots! Beautiful. I could never manage to work clay.

Ruby- Thanks! I try to sell some things on e-bay, with no luck. I also try to sell at festivals. Used to work the craft shows, but life happens, and could no longer do it. Sometimes I wish I had an outlet, stuff piles up after a while!

kaplods- I love your name, it sounds Klingon! Those are soooo cute! I was having trouble trying to make the smaller images bigger, do I spy an Egyptian one in there? (I must admit, I consider myself an amateur Egyptologist.)

btw-I have changed usernames since starting this thread. Sorry any confusion!
  • Quote: kaplods- I love your name, it sounds Klingon! Those are soooo cute! I was having trouble trying to make the smaller images bigger, do I spy an Egyptian one in there? (I must admit, I consider myself an amateur Egyptologist.)
    Yep, the doll with the headdress was egyptian-inspired. I've done quite a few on that theme (I attached more views of the doll and a photo of another egyptianesque doll). Most of them, I've sold on ebay (I think I have two in storage yet, that I plan on eventually selling on ebay or etsy).

Fairies, egyptianesque queens, gypsies, mermaids and brides were my best sellers. Ebay got to be a pain though, because the costs were getting so high it was hard to make a profit. I've got an etsy id: WindsofWhimsy, but I haven't built my store yet, or even used it to buy (I understand that sellers do best if they've built a positive rating by buying a few items before they start selling).

As for the nickname... Klingon, huh? Cool! Actually it's one of the nicknames my father has used for me since I was tiny (it became fat kaplods after I started getting fat in kindergarten. After that, I was always fat kaplods, or fat jammers. I know that sounds horrible, but there was nothing but love in it. I think it's one of the reasons I've always had decent self-image and confidence, and why I was never as ashamed of my weight, as I felt I was supposed to be. I just could never truly believe that fat = bad.

I didn't mind the "fat" prefix, because of the love in it, but when I was in junior high and high school I was always afraid he'd "slip" and use it in front of people who wouldn't understand. Friends I'd had since babyhood, and cousins knew the secret (and I was always afraid they'd tell too), but I don't remember my father ever "slipping." Sweet, really.

• Oh, this is a fun thread!!

I love everyone's stuff.
    I'm going to get some photos to share too.
    I just wanted to say hi.

-teresa
  • Ahhh Kaplods! Dads really are special! I miss mine-LOVE YOU DADDY!

Hello Teresa! Yeah I wanna see what you got!
  • Nice work everyone! So much fun to see everyone's craftiness

Aclai, I love pottery and have always wanted to learn to make beads and little things. I work with air dry clay, but still maybe one day

You're right about etsy. You really have to stick with it and be consistent. I have a couple shops there, and it's a lot of work. When I first went there about 4 years ago, I tried selling some of my small art/mixed media canvases. I had zero luck. But, similar to you, I thought I could put a couple things on there and wait for the sales. I know better now! I love it there though and have met some amazing people. You should try it again some time when you are ready to give it a full go. I'm sure that you would do well

Kaplods and Honey .. your things look like they require so much patience! Metalling tests mine some days and I want to throw the torch out the window, but your things look like so much work! I think it would make me insane. lol

redchase .. do you knit or crochet?