General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default The Real Housewives of... & Bethenny

Is anybody else sick of Danielle? Now my favorite NJ housewife is leaving the show because of her. I think she is demented, even more so than Kelly because Kelly seems like a chemical imbalance but Danielle seems like a pathological imbalance.

Bethenny now has her own show and I gotta say that although I liked her on the housewives I'm not sure I can take a full hour of her. How many times did she call her fiance's family "simple people"?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I don't care for Bethenny, a real social climber. Actually I don't care for many of the NY housewives, Kelly is psycho, Louanne looks very uncomfortable with her new boyfriend, everybody seems to be mad at Jill. Alex and Ramona seem to be the least toxic.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/200.3/185

Height: 6'2"

I have only seen 1 episode of Bethenny's show (I don't know if another one has aired) and I'm not sure if I enjoy her by herself, but I will keep watching. My favorite is The original Housewives of Orange County and I do follow New York, but have passed on the others.
meplusthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #4  
Healthy is Beautiful

S/C/G: 214/144/160

Height: 5"8

Bethenny is my favorite. She is so quick witted and logical and just funny. It's hysterical to listen to her go back and forth with Kelly because she just makes her look so ridiculous. I wish I had a mouth like that, honestly. (I know, I shouldn't enjoy the bickering...but I do!) I also love Alex and Sonja (she is so cute and so good at diffusing tense situations).

Danielle has to be my LEAST favorite of all time. I honestly hate when the show cuts to her...I hate the way she speaks, the things she says (she is constantly talking about being "protected" and making all these threatening sounding statements...or talking about how hot she is). Everything with her seems contrived and very fake, very much for affect. I know the whole show is a little theatrical sometimes, but she's like that all the time.

I haven't watched Bethennys show yet, but I will. I wonder if I'll like her as much without the other girls to banter and bicker with lol.
ThicknPretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #5  
LisaD219

Height: 5'6

Danielle is CrAzY! She created drama intentionally at a sick babies fundraiser! EWWWWW
LisaD219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #6  
I love being a mommy!

Height: 5'3"

Oh, I cannot STAND Danielle. I understand having someone on the show who can bring drama (i.e. ratings), but I can't watch her. She is obviously mentally instable and definitely delusional!

I love Bethenny, but I haven't watched her show yet. I have it on my DVR, but haven't checked it out yet.
GirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:11 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Love love love Bethenny. I have one of her books, and I think she's very smart and witty. I know a lot of people give her grief for promoting her skinny girl business on the show, but that's what everyone does. Bethenny just does it well.

examples:
Orange county:
Lynne selling her cuffs/bracelets. If you notice, most of the housewives regularly wore them.

NYC:
Jill with her fabrics and her book.
Alex & Simon wrote a book
Bethenny's booming skinny girl brand
Ramona's skin care (It's called Tru Renewal. THAT is why she was constantly talking about renewing herself and her life. She was "subtly" plugging her business.)

Never watched Atlanta.

I think Bethenny's new show is great.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

The issue with Kelly did not get resolved at all. She seems clueless as to what her part was. She could have said "look, things got out of hand, I said some things I shouldn't have said and I got defensive. I'm sorry for the part I played in that but it's over now and I'd like us to move on." I was really expecting something like that.

Ok, now I realize that Bethenny is completely overbearing. It's funny when she's in an ensemble cast but now that it's just her she's just annoying.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #9  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

Red face

I can't stand Kelly and Danielle. Both women are crazy and dangerous (in their own way). Danielle is just pure trash.

I agree the Kelly drama did not get resolved but talking to her was like speaking in a foreign language or to an alien... she's SO PSYCHO.

I love Dina, Bethenny, Ramona, Alex and for some reason I like Vicki a lot.
InControl2Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 01:51 PM   #10  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

OH. MY. GOSH.

I cannot STAND Bethenny.

Maybe it's just because I have dealt with other women like her, but she is a mean, manipulative woman. A frienemy, if you will. She doesn't fight fair-- she gets her group of girlfriends to gang up on anyone she doesn't agree with. It's like watching a clique of nasty girls at the lunch table in high school.

Not to say Kelly isn't an utter crazypants, but yeah. Just my opinion.

I can't watch Real Housewives anymore... It makes me too emotional. I am like a guy yelling at the television... Haha.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:18 PM   #11  
~Don't Postpone Joy~

S/C/G: 241.8/228/199.0

I think Bethenny's new show is great... I'm lovin Max... how cute is he ?

Kelly is driving me crazy... whining that she's being bullied, and the other ladies are 'dangerous'... but she steps right up for a new season... "well, maybe"... she's a nut...
Sweetcaroline is offline   Reply With Quote