How good of a breakfast is this?

• I've been having egg white omelets with ham, peppers, and onions everyday for the past five days, so I just had to find something different to eat this morning. Looked around in the pantry and found some graham crackers that I had bought a few weeks ago. 2 sheets (8 little crackers) have 120 calories. To get some protein, I added about 1 teaspoon of peanut butter to one of the sheets. I didn't think this was enough, so I also had a 6 oz Food Lion brand nonfat yogurt that has 90 calories. Is this enough? I know I could have a better breakfast, but is this a good or okay breakfast? Is it a good breakfast for someone who is keeping their calories under 1400/daily?

Still getting used to this healthy eating! =)

Also, any suggestions for a better breakfast? Thanks for any help!
  • Following is my breakfast for last few days:
    1 Vans Multigrain low fat waffle (70 calories)
    2 oz blueberries (30 calories)
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with cinnamon (100 calories).

Keeps me full and satisfied till lunch
  • I think you may need a little more protein, and the crackers have a lot of sugar for their size, but that being said, it is not a horrible breakfast! If it helps you stay on track and not get discouraged, throwing in a breakfast like this here or there is not going to hurt you. Maybe try adding some fruit w/peanut butter and cracker next time, such as some sliced banana or something. I don't think it was horrible, just see if it keeps your satisfied until your next meal. Weightloss is a journey so you have to experiment to see what works and doesn't work for you. Good luck sweetpea!
  • Quite often I have a wrap with either light cream cheese & spinach OR
    peanut butter & banana (keeps me full til noon)
  • Graham crackers are one of my trigger foods. So, I couldn't do it. I eat lots and lots of egg white omlettes with every veggie known to man I think. I find this is a good choice for me.
  • To the OP, this isn't terrible, though I personally would be starving on this breakfast (what is it, 250 cal?). You have carbohyrates from the cookies, healthy fat and protein from the peanut butter and protein from the yogurt. My suggestion to you would be a TABLESPOON of peanutbutter, not just a teaspoon, and it wouldn't be poorly balanced at all.

I don't think it is necessary to have all complex carbs all the time. Sugar is quick energy and in the morning, that's what you want. Energy. Eat the graham grackers for the faster energy, and the fat and protein for staying power until your lunch or snack.

Just for comparison purposes, my typical breakfast is oatmeal (~30gm dry) with just under a tablespoon of peanut butter, 1/2 serving of cottage cheese, and a banana. I sweeten and flavor the oatmeal with stevia, cinnamon, and vanilla, and sometimes drizzle on a little pomegranate syrup for strong flavor. Depending on the size of the bana or how much peanutbutter I eat, this is a 350-400 calorie breakfast that lasts me until close to lunch.
  • Mmmmmm. Tarisaande's breakfast suggestion sounds good!