I ran over a frog!!

• On the way home from work i ran over a frog! it was like a bad scene from frogger, and i feel so bad. it just didn't register that it was a frog hopping across the street and not a leaf or a piece of trash. I hate frogs, but not enough to want to kill one. I try to break for any animals (I even braked for a snake to cross the road). I feel just horrible about it.
  • Aww that sucks... Well at least you're not happy and all jokey about it. (I know lots of people who would do it, and then find it hilarious.)

If there is an animal heaven (which I believe there is) I'm sure he sees you're sincerely upset/sorry for doing so. I love animals, frogs moreso than a few others.

Don't worry about it, you know it was purely accidental.
  • This makes me so sad. Frogs are my faaaaaavorite animal ever. Frogs and toads. Around my house growing up there could be so many frogs crossing the street on a given night and it was inevitable to hit one or two. SAD.

I'm a bit concerned because I am starting as nature instructor at a summer camp in a few days, and I am just thinking about all the little boys I will be leading down to the frog pond to catch and observe animals, and how some of them will squeeze the poor froggies too tight.
  • RIP Froggie. Would you feel better if you had a memorial service for it? I know how you feel. I once had a terrible incident with a lawn mower, and a small animal that didn't move out of the way, and I didn't see it until it was too late.
  • Awww, too bad. But don't beat yourself up over it.

Once hubby and I were on a dirt road, right after sunset, at a park and there were thousands of little frogs on the road. There was no way to miss them. And they went on for a couple of miles. I probably ran over hundreds of them
  • I know how you feel about hurting an animal.
    Just a couple days ago I closed my front door
    right on my kitten's foot by accident! The kitten
    was hurt and limping because I closed the door
    quite hard (not expecting anything to be there).

I cried so hard because I thought I might have
    broken it's foot. But the kitten knew it was an
    accident and cuddled with me all night. The frog
    knows it was an accident to! Don't beat yourself
    up about it. Many people would hurt an animal
    and not think twice about it. At least you're
    sorry about it.
  • I accidentally trod on a snail the other day and felt terrible about it!

I like people like you who don't make a joke out of it as though it doesn't matter. It shows you have a good conscience.
  • I ran over a bunny one evening when driving home from work. I felt so bad, I had to turn around and make sure he was dead and not suffering.