General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 06-18-2010, 03:11 AM   #1  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Question Any Colorado Chicks?

So I'm thinking about taking a trip to Colorado to meet up with a friend in a couple of weeks, but I don't really know what we should do/where we should go. I'll be in Denver, so does anyone have any suggestions? Where do we go for fun? Any recommendations of amazing places to eat (doesn't have to be healthy since I'm sure I can find something on most menus)? Things we should see/experience? I'm kinda limited by health problems, so no rocking climbing for me but I'm open to any suggestions. Looking forward to an adventure! Thanks!
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 06:54 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I'm not in Colorado any more and its been a few years so....

My favorite eating places were:
Tommy Thai (downtown area, good thai)
Jerusalem's (late night middle eastern food near DU)
Heidi's deli (good deli with good bread)
Indian (there were a few places I liked but overall I thought the Indian food in Denver was decent - I'd look for a place and go)

Can you do any walking/hiking? Rocky Mountain National Park is nice and there are hikes of varying degree. Also, you can drive to the tree line which I thought was nice but if you aren't used to the altitude, it may make you sleepy

Boulder is a funky little town to walk around in. The celestial seasonings tea factory tour is pretty cool, I've done it at least twice I recommend it to anyone who visits the general Denver area.

There is 16th street mall downtown Denver which you can walk around and see various shops. For more nature type things, Red Rocks park is also pretty unique and fun to walk around just to see. It is also quite a drive and a little late in the year for tulips but I thought driving up to Vail was fun. There are small shops which you can visit and the drive up there is kind of amazing.

Any particular interests?
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Rockies game
Denver's new museum of contemporary art is INCREDIBLE. The museum of nature and science is great, too. The Bodyworlds exhibit it currently here.

The Cherry Creek Farmer's Market is going on. That would give you some good walking. Lots of art, knick-knacks and other exhibits.

Be careful in Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park- the rivers are full at the moment and a lot of places are washed out.

Red Rocks is great, but there's a lot of stairs. Not impossible, but it's an outdoor ampitheater (they also have a great concert season!)

Denver Botanic Gardens does a wonderful outdoor summer concert series.

I will post links a little later for you- gotta run!

Last edited by junebug41; 06-18-2010 at 10:11 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 PM   #4  
Do everything in love.

Thanks! I've checked into a lot of the things you both suggested, and there are some definite possibilities. Except for the Bodyworlds thing... that just freaks me out a bit. The only thing I've decided on definitely is Pinkberry because I've never been, and maybe Hard Rock Cafe to see what it's all about. I'm looking for new experiences and really like quirky things. I'm not very outdoorsy though. I thought the aquarium might be cool until I checked out the cost. Yikes. The Museum of Nature and Science is a possibility too. I'm kinda a nerd, and I've never actually seen dinosaur bones (welcome to Nebraska... I need to get out more). I have a week there to keep myself entertained, so keep the suggestions coming!
Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #5  
Do everything in love.

What about shopping? I don't care all that much for the typical mall type stores but I'm looking for something different. I've found a few that look interesting: The Wizard's Chest, Starlet, and Quacker Gift Shop. Are there DIY crafty places like making your own jewelry, etc?
Old 06-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

DIY craft places? Cherry Creek might interest you, as well as the Cherry Creek Arts Fest, which is going on 7/2-7/5. It's also a very walkable area with lots of shops and restaurants. The Denver Highlands neighborhood also has some off-the-beat type shops that might interest you. The Uptown neighborhood has a place called Ceramics in The City where you make your own stuff.

The Hard Rock (which honestly has never intrigued me) is on the 16th St. Mall where you will find lots of department-type shops and interesting people watching!

Here's an interesting link about the Highlands: http://www.denver.org/metro/neighborhoods/highlands

Last edited by junebug41; 06-20-2010 at 10:29 PM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #7  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

The Hard Rock Cafe is just a restaurant so hopefully you won't be disappointed.

If you like dinosaurs, maybe you should check out dinosaur ridge?
http://www.frontrangeliving.com/outd...osaurRidge.htm
http://www.dinoridge.org/

I'll also say if you do like quirky, Boulder is pretty quirky (lot's of small, independent type stores)
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote