Lost Series Finale

• I'm still choked up!

Thoughts, theories? Anyone upset that there were missing answers?
  • I'm about 90% satisfied, I really did want to know more about the island and I have trouble accepting we won't ever get those answers. BUT-I LOVED the ending when everyone came together in the end. Normally I can't stand a series finale, but seeing everyone find each other again was just wonderful. It never was about the island, cause all that matters in the end are the ones you loved along the way.
  • I wouldn't say we'll never get the answers. i have a feeling that the producers will give some in the complete series boxed set. Minor ones, like who kept doing the food drops. But I am satisfied. It was such an appropriate ending, I'm getting teared up right now!

I'm just sad I won't be seeing the hottness that is Matthew Fox every week.
  • I liked it a lot. My absolute favorite character, Ben, got an awesome story resolution. I was so happy that Richard lived (and gets to age), I was really irked by the "death" scene in the previous episode. I was bawling when Charlie reunited with Claire and Aaron in the flash-sideways. I was one of those angry people when they killed him off. And Jack's island end was so full circle, so sad.

I do agree that the mythological "science" side of the island story is still left with a lot of mystery. I do like that the "faith" side of things was resolved so nicely.
  • i'm still processing ... i'm not sure what to think.

one really minor thing is bugging the crap out of me though... a tree fell on Ben and nobody could get it off him. then suddenly he was walking in the next scene with everyone. umm... so they were able to get it off him then? what?!?!

i do sort of wish things were a little more wrapped up with the island side of things but overall it was really good.
  • I never watched it while it was on, but I happened to catch the last half hour of the finale because it ran into the late news....and I was intrigued. So, I've been watching episodes from the beginning on u-tube. (No commercials!)

I find it very well written and the acting is impressive, although there seems to be a lot of crying by the guys.

With as many plots, sub-plots, flashbacks and interwoven story lines, the writers and producers did an amazing job in keeping the theme and character developments so coherent.

I'm really enjoying it, espcially since I'm home, not feeling well, this Memorial weekend.

Maybe I can come back here with any questions I might have as I keep watching.

(Or maybe someone can give a couple links where the series plots were discussed?)

MissNibs
  • Quote: i'm still processing ... i'm not sure what to think.

one really minor thing is bugging the crap out of me though... a tree fell on Ben and nobody could get it off him. then suddenly he was walking in the next scene with everyone. umm... so they were able to get it off him then? what?!?!

i do sort of wish things were a little more wrapped up with the island side of things but overall it was really good.
    I think that's them having to edit the episode for time.

And on the DVD complete series release, they are going to have a 15-minute ultra finale with Hurley and Ben.
  • @MissNibs;

They have better quality episodes on IMDB.com
  • I loved it. Sad to see it go though. Guess I'll have to find the DVD's and watch it all the way through for the third time.

Gosh, I'm such a LOST addict
  • I finally watched the finale tonight.

Just got finished. I thought they brought it all together nicely.

Still choked up. When Sawyer and Juliette met at the vending machine, so good.