Juan Carlos Cruz - Calorie Commando - Food Network Chef Arrested

• If he is guilty of plotting this, then I hope they throw the book at him.

http://www.tmz.com/person/juan-carlos-cruz/
  • I once killed one of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals by 45 minutes!
  • what ever happened to just breaking up? I mean, if it's THAT bad just go on your merry way...
  • Quote: I once killed one of Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals by 45 minutes!
    lol - good one
  • Quote: what ever happened to just breaking up? I mean, if it's THAT bad just go on your merry way...
    Ain't that the truth?!
  • maybe he took "till death do us part" more literally than he should, i suppose.
  • Quote: maybe he took "till death do us part" more literally than he should, i suppose.
    Sounds that way. I'm glad the homeless guys contacted the police.
  • wow...
  • Okay...so suicide is a sin, so what about murder? And than he wanted to kill himself?
  • This is the craziest darned story. Having grown up Catholic, it actually makes even less sense. So she wants to die, and the plan is to kill her and then himself.

As a mortal sin, she wants to go to heaven, but sh's ok with him going to **** (or at the very least purgatory), and the homeless guys - well they're probably destined for **** anyway? Maybe he was going to get the homeless guys to kill him next.

But again paying someone to kill you, is still suicide right? Just as "suicide by cop" would be (when someone shoots at cops or points an unloaded gun at them to get the cops to shoot them dead).

If she's been begging him to kill her for 2 years, maybe he snapped, but wouldn't you think getting counselors (and/or the parish priest) involved wouldn't have been a better idea.
  • When I first posted this, the information about his wife wasn't there. It merely stated that he was trying to hire someone to kill her. In fact, when I first heard the news, they didn't even mention who he wanted killed. This is going to be interesting to follow because she is not in fear for her life (at least at this point).

This is sad. I truly think they should have asked the priest or someone for help.