General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-08-2010, 09:37 AM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile 2 Burners MOTHER'S DAY

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY WEEK-END LADIES

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day week-end. My mom passed on a few years ago so my Mother's Day is a little each year now. However, the day does give me a chance to remember some of those past Mother's Day memories and gifts....One my mom always "bragged" about was the time I took her out to a fancy steakhouse/seafood house when I was 17....way cool

We are going family camping in a few weeks, Angie had time before a yoga class the other day so she went to the sporting goods store to look for a new camp stove. Her old one is small and may not be big enough for our group. She mentioned one that she wanted me to look at...well, after work yesterday I went and picked it up.

Then last night after we went out for dinner she says..."Hey, let's go look at the stove" ...ha! Well we did and after she went all through them she changed her mind on the one and decided to get 2 separate ones...ones with 2 burners...after she loaded them in the cart I told her she couldn't buy them I had to explain "why"...We bought the ones she picked out and I will return the other one...so much for the surprise

Angie is not the mother of my children but she is an outstanding step-mom and my kids certainly appreciate her and are aware of that

This morning, actually Angie just left, my daughter and Angie are running in a 5 or 10K....they will decide during the race which route to take....my wife's knee is hurting a bit and my daughter had a 12 miler yesterday and her IT band in sore...so...maybe a 5K....then they go to breakfast and then to the chocolate festival

Tomorrow my son and dil, my daughter and the kidnapper, and my ex-wife will join us at church....then my son and dil are taking Angie and I out to breakfast, then all of us are going over to my ex-wife's house for a late lunch with her and her SO.

Should be a great week-end for the ladies

I hope the kids and men in your life have great plans for you and you, that are fortunate enough to still have your moms, make their day special

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-08-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: spelling
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:46 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I spent my night last night getting together arrangements and balloons (wife is a florist, I always help at holidays), and today delivering lots of smiles all day long. I made 35 people smile to think that their kids thought of them today.

It is EXHAUSTING, but I love it every year.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #3  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

aweeee so sweet!

My soon to be 17 year old daughter(will be 17 May 17th) hand made me a card earlier ~brought tears to my eyes ~My emo/gothic/vampire loving Child~loves me! It was so childish & sweet & beautiful and perfect just perfect!
My boys brought home Home made stuff & flowers ect. from school always cool to recieve & I always treasure everything they bring! & My hubby gave me enough money to get my hair cut back a few days ago & to buy a coneflower I wanted and some other junk I must not have needed cause I spent over 100.00 and can't remember what all I bought ~LOL!
Anyways~My dad too is passed Gary back in 2007~so next month will suck butt for me in that department on fathers day~I am sure there looking down at us on these special days!
HUGS!

For ANGIE & THE OTHER MOMMA'S
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ANGIE & EVERYONE ELSE!

Last edited by Lori259; 05-09-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #4  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Good Morning....I hope Mothers everywhere have a great day!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-09-2010 at 08:49 AM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Happy Mother's Day, moms! mine passed away in 1996, but she's still with me. My cat (via my bf) gave me a very nice mum's day card and we went out to brunch after church (didn't bring the cat!).
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote