What are you reading-May 2010

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Another month is upon us. Share with us what you are reading.

I'm half way through The amazing adventures of dietgirl. I'm enjoying it.
  • The Pawn by Steven James. It's pretty good so far.
  • Just finished The Zombie Survival Guide, and started Last Night in Twisted River by John Irving. I read The World According to Garp in high school and I loved it. I'm hoping this one captures my attention as much.
    And Onederchic I know you asked about the zombie book in last month's thread. I loved it, it reads just like a real survival guide, and the "recorded zombie attacks" in the back of the book are great.
    Also starting Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin. Lately I seem to like having a couple books to read at a time. It's odd I never used to be like that.
  • Just started The Last Song yesterday and after that I have wuthering heights
  • Just finished "The Hunger Games". Was ready to dive into the sequel but it is not available for Kindle. First book I have ever NOT been able to find on Kindle.
  • Quote: Just finished "The Hunger Games". Was ready to dive into the sequel but it is not available for Kindle. First book I have ever NOT been able to find on Kindle.
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those books, oh man I am so excited for the third one. It is my secret teen lit indulgence

As for me, I'm reading To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf for school, as well as several short Victorian England detective stories. Once I'm out of school around the 19th or so, it is going to be a serious craze of pleasure reading (which I've missed so much!). I'm probably going to start out with The Master and Margarita and then go from there.
  • I am reading The Solitude of Prime Numbers. It is very depressing and I am having a hard time getting through it. I read Last Night in Twisted River and it was pretty good. It was fun because John Irving referenced all his other books.
  • I just finished Last Time I Saw You and I really enjoyed it.
  • I have been trying to read JR Ward new series but just haven't gotten into it. I don't read as much as I used to though and spend a lot of my book reading time reading magazines now. Shape, fitness and runner's world lol I did just order the latest from her black dagger series. Gonna start on that tonight! lol
  • Still on Shadow of Power. On deck, Up in Honey's Room and Marine One
  • I gave up on Codependent No More; for now - I spent a lot of last month reading a few pages here and there, decided I just wasn't ready to read it right now. I found a used copy on the weekend for cheap so I can read it whenever now.

So I was in the Library the other day looking for something to read and I grabbed - One of Those Malibu Nights by Elizabeth Adler; hah I dunno. It's not bad so far.
  • The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch and then I'll start Dreamseller by Brandon Novak. Also Managing PCOS for Dummies. Just got it in the mail and it looks packed with great info!
  • I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. A really good book set in Jackson, Mississippi in the early 60's.

Getting ready to read Angry, Fat Chicks.
  • Started on a third book, as well as two I mentioned above. I'm reading Ghostwriter by Travis Thrasher on my sony reader. It's interesting, but I feel like I've read so many similar books/short stories before. Gonna keep at it, to see if it takes a different turn.
  • Just finished The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, which I liked quite a bit, and I'm in the middle of Two Serious Ladies by Jane Bowles, Endpoint and Other Poems by John Updike, and some poems by Shelley. Definitely liking Two Serious Ladies thus far - - it reminds me a lot of one of my favorite writers, Carson McCullers.