The Great Debate: Standing or Sitting

• Delicate matter here: How do you wipe your butt? LOL

Seriously, I just found out tonight there was more than one way to wipe your butt. I don't mean front to back, I mean sitting on the toilet or standing up.

I have been a stander all of my life and have been teaching my kids in this technique, which has been passed down by my mother and previous generations. But I have had a revelation in finding out that lots of people sit down to do their wiping. Has my mother given me bum info? LOL

What is the correct way? Which is the best? What technique do girls use and boys use? What would Jesus do? ROFL Seriously I wanna know. How do you wipe yours?
  • LOL ...This is so funny but I actually do it both ways, something standing some sitting . Most of the times sitting.
  • I had never heard about standing to wipe until an internet thread on another message board a few years ago. I was gobsmacked - it would never have occurred to me to stand!

I honestly don't know which way is better, but I am too old to change!
  • I can honestly say I've never heard of anyone standing to wipe their butt! LoL I've always remained seated. But, it doesn't seem to me that there's a correct or wrong way...as long as it gets clean! LoL Probably would be personal choice
  • I sit, unless there's something particularly, um, hard to clean. Then I might put one foot up on the seatto give myself a better angle.
  • I laughed out loud at "bum info." This thread made my entire life!!!

I have always stood, and I, too, was shocked when I found out some people did it sitting down!