General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #16  
Lone Locust of Apocalypse

S/C/G: 310/310/150

Height: 5'6"

I don't feel very strongly about it because I can't eat everything before it goes bad, like the bread and vegetables. It helps that my dad and sister also started to eat healthier about two weeks after me, so we're all in the same boat and we tend to eat the same things. I think I was worse about being selfish with food when I wasn't dieting. People were eating my cookies or my candy bars! I got those just for me! Now, the only thing that's just for me is my dark chocolate candy bar, which I keep in my desk.

It would be a lot harder if I were on my own, especially since I pay for a lot of my own food and I only have a part time job. Since the three of us are together, we share the load. It's also pretty easy to stop at the grocery store after work. I think as I spend more on better quality ingredients, I may feel differently because it's expensive, but the problem will be the cost, not the inconvenience of going out or the restrictions on what I can eat.
Regera Dowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

OMG I was so embarrassed to say anything about this before because I thought I was the only one! Ha! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE when people eat my food. Hate it. I used to bring home these low-cal cherry oat bran muffins from work. They didn't cost me anything b/c we can take home about 3 a day, but I only work 2 days a week. I try to get 6 b/c my mom and I share them. We're both trying to lose weight. My dad, on the other hand, eats anything. He doesn't care about what he eats at all (he's overweight and diabetic, and he refuses to do anything about it - so frustrating!). He will easily eat one of these big, healthy muffins WITH ICE CREAM for a "snack" when one of them is supposed to be my breakfast!! They're too expensive to buy when I don't get them for free. But OK, let's say he wanted to eat healthy and these worked for him... Then I'd be a lot more supportive. But then he ate my Pure Protein bars, thinking they were candy bars. Those little tiny bars a.) are FREAKING expensive and b.) don't taste a thing like candy bars. He ate 3 in one go. Those were my post-run snacks for a whole week. REALLY????

Ahhh. How frustrating!
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

This reminds me so much of my ex. The last year we were together I was in such a bad emotional state that it was affecting my digestion, so I was staying away from bread (especially white bread), but was able to eat whole wheat wraps fine. He had his bread, I had my wraps, it was fine. I woke up one morning for breakfast, went to make my wrap, which I knew I had two left. He had eaten them, and there was half a loaf of bread sitting on the counter.
He was a very selfish man and didn't understand why I was mad. We had a grocery store across the street from us, but it did no good, cause he'd spend the money as soon as we got it. So glad I'm rid of him.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Wow...that would annoy me also, going through the effort of taking the time to plan out my food, shop for it, then have someone else eat it - when there are other things they could eat.

I live alone, so I don't ever have that problem LOL. Buy I do get mad at myself when I know I have to make something last the whole week and then I overindulge one day....at the end of the week I'm cursing myself out. .

A friend at work said when her three kids were teenagers, both she and her husband would use the empty frozen veggie bags to hide their goodies in the freezer. They said they were tired of all the 'good' things being gone. I always thought that was funny. To this day her kids don't know they did that. hehehe. Score parents!!
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:15 AM   #20  
Let go laughing

S/C/G: 265/254/150

Height: 5'10"

I was really, REALLY selfish when it came to my JUNK food - how stupid of me, now that I think of it. But man. It was bad. NOBODY could come near my cheez its, chips, or cheese. DH hasn't been home since I've been trying to eat healthier, so I'm not sure how it'll be. Usually I'm pretty selfish about "my" food, but the man refuses practically anything green. If I can get him to eat something healthy, it'll be worth the extra trip to the grocery store for more. He's a stringbean right now, but he won't always be that way, and I think it would actually be easier for both of us if he would be into eating the same healthy foods that I like.

Now, when I have friends over, that's a different story. I get pissed when they eat my pre-planned, healthy snacks. Some of that stuff is freaking expensive, go get your own food!
s rosa is offline   Reply With Quote