General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #1  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Smile I Am A YOGA Widower

Ok...I knew the deal when I married my wife almost 15 years ago that if I didn't join in with her "quality of life" that I would be left behind....

Now I don't mind looking at her from behind but I do like to "communicate" with her from time to time....

there's that 4-letter man word...communicate....HEY! I do.....

now where was I....

Oh yeah....

Anyway since we married I have done many a 5K....walked a bazillion miles with her and the dogs around the neighborhood, the beach and down and back to Starbucks...sometimes around Bunny Poo park when we have time...

and she has always done stretching exercises and yoga at home or the gym....but...

about a year ago she got her teaching degree

something that I am very proud of her for she spent many days and hours earning it

She teaches 2 classes at church of around 20 people....last Friday she taught a class at one of the local yoga studios and brought in 14 people at 5:30....including my ex-wife

I happened to do some work for the studio owner on Monday and she said she was amazed at how many Angie brought in for a Friday night...

so...bottom line...Friday night was date night (and I was well taken care of over the week-end )...

but here it is Tuesday night...her night to cook and I sit here hungry as all get out and no dinner in sight....

EDIT ~ I forgot to mention she is training for a 10K she is going to run with my daughter/her step-d for a mother/daughter run....and she is doing a 10K mud run with my daughter and our daughter in law in a few months...which means more alone time for me

Poor Gary....

What's a yoga widower to do? Are any of you widows/widowers? Do any of you have a similar sad story?

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-09-2010 at 08:24 PM.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #2  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Well when I was first married I was a volleyball widow...and funny thing that is just what I called it! My dh was a volleyball official or referee and with the start of Labor Day he was gone every Tuesday and Thursday and then every weekend for tournaments! BUT as the story goes,,,my dh got older and his knees couldn't handle it anymore... and I am NO longer a volleyball widow!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

I'm a yoga widow. The boyfriend really got into it over the last couple of months. I enjoy it, but because of my class schedule go at different times. I also I'm not nearly as dedicated about it as he is. I use my free time to eat food he doesn't like, and watch TV shows that he hates. But I miss him . Wish we could go together, but until then I remain a widow.
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM   #4  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

My hubby plays guitar & bass & rides dirtbikes/goes deer shed hunting/& mushroom hunting when in season & is very in tune with nature......Geesh~I think he may not like me as much as I like him now that get to thinking about it ~He has alot of him time~I am a widow of too much stuff ~LOL

BTW ~Gary ~were all Hungry! hehehehehehe!

(Actually When I do my nails I dare anyone to bug me or ask for anything~Especially wheres food? cause I am a serious nail painter! LOL So I guess we all have are THING Or things as my hubby does to have a little "ME" time)

Last edited by Lori259; 03-09-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

LOL...I love it gals....

I do enjoy my "me" time too!

You all know I am very proud of my wife...who by the way came home after her yoga class...brought a rotisserie chicken (I had beans, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cheese and onion ready) for soft chicken tacos...then off to church for a women's meeting....

gave me time to catch up with my son and daughter by way of text/phone calls....
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 PM   #6  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

~What a sweetie she is GARY~
I think we both have keepers!
Even though they have there "me" times there awesome when there with us!

~thats food sounded delightful by the way~YUMMY!
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38 PM   #7  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post

~that's food sounded delightful by the way~YUMMY!
That was the "fast food" for my family when the kids were here and we had track meets/cross country races/tennis/soccer matches/basketball/softball/baseball games/church youth group/scouts/dance...back to school/orientations....LIFE!

We always had cheese/tomatoes/lettuce/onions/beans-re fried-pinto-black/salsa/tortillas corn-flour/sour cream/avocados on hand....

that way at anytime we could pick up a rotisserie chicken or fry up some hamburger or turkey and have TACOS....or BURRITOS...or TOSTADAS...quick!

and who doesn't like that!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 AM   #8  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

i'm a WOW (world of warcraft) widow. and i hate it.
no advice- just support... i feel yer pain!!
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:01 AM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Since I am an Equal Opportunity spouse I must tell you Angie may have mentioned, at times, that she feels like a.....

Dodger Widow ~ Raider Widow ~ USC Widow ~ UCLA Widow ~ Laker Widow ~ Fat Chick Widow

And when she does....I remind her that I have been a ......

Facebook Widower too!

Last edited by EZMONEY; 03-10-2010 at 09:02 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziep View Post
i'm a WOW (world of warcraft) widow. and i hate it.
no advice- just support... i feel yer pain!!
Oh hunny I hear you. Oh boy do I ever.
Let me tell you, being ignored for a computer game hurts sometimes.

So I have made him a Swimming Widower! hah!
Sometimes he doesn't even get dinner before I go. He knows how to use the microwave. lol
Fair play right?

Last edited by sotypical; 03-10-2010 at 12:48 PM.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote