General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #1  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Fix for Wordpress.com blocking 3FC Urls as spam

Hey people - I wanted start another thread with this to get the attention of the wordpress.com users who might be having trouble, too.

See my post here about Wordpress.com deactivating my blog for TOS violations - turns out the cause was a 3FC url.

I emailed support with this issue. I asked if I wanted to link to real, legitimate 3FC users & forum posts, if I could use something like tinyurl.com to mask the url and post that. Specifically, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't get me deactivated again or be a TOS violation. The response I got was that would work fine!

Tinyurl.com is a free service normally used to make a really long url short, so that it could be more manageable when posting a link. But, you can put any web address in there and they will create a url that can be used. So, when linking to 3FC, just go there and create another url to use.. and use that one to post the link on your wordpress.com blog. I did it a bit ago.. it works and I was not deactivated!!

I feel so much better now... today I will work on linking to some blogs.

Last edited by HotWings; 02-11-2010 at 10:46 AM.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 01:07 AM   #2  
it's always something

Thanks for that! I'm sticking you
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 05:31 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I wish I had seen this a few days ago before they deactivated my new account.

augh.

I ended up moving to blogger. WHY does it say this is spam!?
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #4  

Nice idea. I can really use this for my url. Thank you very much for such a helpful share.
virgiea68 is offline   Reply With Quote