OT - Anyone watching The Sing-Off on NBC?

• Is anyone else watching The Sing-Off on NBC? If you're not and you like acapella singing, watch it!!! It's only on for 3 more nights (tonight included), but wow, these people can SING!

I think I'm rooting for Nota, but they are all fabulous...

What did you think of the show?
  • I love it! I'm rooting for Nota too. Their performance tonight was incredible!! And I love that song!
  • I was sad that Face was booted last night -- they were MUCH better than Voices of Lee! -- but I really love Beezlebub and Nota. I'm watching on Hulu, which is a great way to skip over the incredibly annoying commentary from Nicole Sherzinger (token pretty female judge much? UGH).

More than anything, though, this show is confirming my love for Ben Folds and appreciation for his musical artistry. Now if only Nicole were replaced by any legitimate female singer-songwriter...
  • Beezlebub is the most fun. But Nota have the best voices.

But this is just filling the giant void that Glee has left us with until spring.
  • What a fun show! Love Nota, too! Who is the female judge?
  • Nicole Sherzinger (SP?) the lead singer from THe Pussycat Dolls. She has a very good voice.
  • I love watching people with true talents that I wish I had (I wish I could sing!). So this is too much fun. The sound of some of their performances, all without instruments, is amazing.
  • I'm a Sweet Adeline so of course must root for Maxx Factor! Hoping their performances get more people interested in women's barbershop singing.
  • The Sweet Adelines are great talents! Looks like lots of fun!
  • im gonna have to watch tonight! i love this kind of stuff!
  • Quote: Nicole Sherzinger (SP?) the lead singer from THe kittycat Dolls. She has a very good voice.
    Nitpick: P*ssycat Dolls (what, is it dirty? I had to put the * in there to get it past the censor)

I watched about the last 45 minutes of last night's show. Liked the Beelzebubs and the Voices of Lee; not so much the Socals.

A really good a cappella group can be so awesome you wouldn't know it's only voices. Years ago we used to have an oldies radio station in the Twin Cities that played even stuff from the 1940s: one time they played an old 40s-vintage record, I think it was Bing Crosby, and afterward the DJ explained that for about 2 years during the 1940s there was a strike of orchestral/band musicians and a lot of recordings during that span, including the Crosby they'd just played, were made with only a cappella groups as the singer's backup
  • I haven't watched the show..but I'm going to watch it on monday. A Boyz 2 Men reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!
  • I've changed my allegiance. I am totally crushing on at least 5 members of the Beelzebubs at once, which is a problem because I'm a single girl going to school 20 minutes away... so becoming a groupie is an actual possibility

Their "Sail Away" is AMAZING. I bought it on iTunes and I'm listening to it on repeat. And SO SO SO CUTE
  • Quote: I've changed my allegiance. I am totally crushing on at least 5 members of the Beelzebubs at once, which is a problem because I'm a single girl going to school 20 minutes away... so becoming a groupie is an actual possibility

Their "Sail Away" is AMAZING. I bought it on iTunes and I'm listening to it on repeat. And SO SO SO CUTE
    I didn't know they had stuff on iTunes!! I'm still going for Nota (they give me goosebumps), but you are right about the 'Bubs being darling. I could totally see the one who sang lead on Sail Away as an actor in Hollywood. Too cute and very expressive!