3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   Fat Chick Reporting LIVE from Europe (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/187880-fat-chick-reporting-live-europe.html)

Thighs Be Gone 12-10-2009 12:04 AM

Fat Chick Reporting LIVE from Europe

:) Okay, I am actually already back. As of 2:30 pm today, my feet hit American soil once again.

Glad to be back! I have missed 3FC and all the 3FC'ers!

Weight related talk--okay, here goes.

First off, I was VERY concerned about going. I didn't have my scale, my steady supply of certain "staple" foods, I would be eating out, and the list goes on. I have lived in Europe twice--but certainly wasn't watching my food intake at all then--stupid me! Certainly I never looked for any "active" activities while I was there. I saw Europe in a different light this time!

For lunches and dinners, I ate mainly from grocery stores--super yummy selections there! Fresh butternut squash cubed and ready to go. Beautiful salad greens all washed and beautifully fresh, ready to go. The tangerines and apples were amazing everywhere I shopped. In Germany and Switzerland whole grain breads were in NO short supply. Breakfast each morning was a beautiful spread of meats, cheeses, breads, cereals, dried fruits, fresh fruits, yogurts, boiled eggs, fresh squeezed juice. OMG! I did eat 2.5 pieces of Stollen on my trip. I could absolutely inhale loaves of it.

I did notice there were Weight Watchers items--actually European style--in the grocery stores. I did opt for these most of the time. The labeling was pretty good on them and my Deutche is good enough to make out the ingredients and the nutritional info.

I did splurge and eat at a French restaurant in Paris--onion soup, duck with orange sauce, and vanilla puffs with ice cream and chocolate sauce--two glasses of wine too. I had a bad episode one night with some Nutella too! I am sure there were other bits and pieces too!

For exercise--well, I was forced to become creative. I ran up and down the Seine in Paris--around Notre Dame. I CLIMBED THE EIFFEL TOWER--well, they only let you climb to the 2nd level but still I did it!!! I ran through the Mideval town of Rothenburg, Germany. I swam at the Hallenbad in Grindelwald, Switzerland twice and enjoyed the sauna there too. I did laps as I overlooked the Alps. The most amazing Sauna EVVAH! (There were *NUDE ZONE* signs everywhere. Sorry Swiss Folks! I don't get naked!!!! LOL, yes, I was the ONE wearing a towel!) My most favorite activity was hiking through the snow with my kids--the snow was several feet deep and quite a challenge for all of us!

I was planning on weighing tomorrow morning first thing. Today I got in, got unpacked--well, actually I just dumped everything onto the floor of the laundry room. I went to get in the shower and there it was! MY SCALE! I looked at it and thought--oh, no. I MUST DO IT. I must take hold of what I have done. Mystery is no good here. So, I got on. NO GAIN! YAHOO! I feel so great about this ya'll. Honestly, I think it really just boosted my confidence.

Thanks for listening ya'll. I have missed you.

Lori259 12-10-2009 12:12 AM

I have missed you too!!! So glad You had a super time & No gain....You so got this down!!! I Must admit though~I am hungry after reading all that yummy food you ate....LOL Your trip sounds like it was amazing!

Thighs Be Gone 12-10-2009 12:20 AM

Thanks Lori! :) It was a great trip but there is no place like the U.S.A.! I am humbled to have the opportunity to go abroad--more humbled by my own homeland though.

You know on Tuesday morning when I was running by the front of Notre Dame it really dawned on me. Yes! It is ME running around this world reknowned cathedral. I don't know what was more cool--the cathedral or the fact that I WAS RUNNING. LOL--somehow running where I live just isn't as surreal!

Lori259 12-10-2009 12:37 AM

LOL~That is so cool . Your such an inspiration to me girl! I gotta tell my hubby all that in the morning. Well..I am sooooooooooooooooo sleepy ~Off to get some zzzzzzzzzzz with the hubby. Plus it is a little chilly hear tonight in OHIO & I am a penny pincher so I got the furnace on 68~It's warm upstairs for the kids cause heat rises but It gets a bit cold down stairs where our bedroom is.......I am colder the smaller I get and he is a skinny head so I am gonna snuggle the best I can...Dang money~Wish I could crank it on 80 LOL! Goodnight girl~So glad your back.

JulieJ08 12-10-2009 12:44 AM

That's fantastic, I am so jealous! I was just wondering what happened to you.

But, ahem ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3041890)
I had a bad episode one night with some Nutella too! I am sure there were other bits and pieces too!

... a night with Nutella is a *good* night ;)

LotusMama 12-10-2009 12:56 AM

Congratulations! Not gaining (and eating well and exercising) on a trip like yours is a huge accomplishment. Sounds like you had a lovely trip!

Welcome home!

Cheers,

J

CLCSC145 12-10-2009 01:04 AM

You're my hero!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

EZMONEY 12-10-2009 09:01 AM

Great job TBG...great job!

Thighs Be Gone 12-10-2009 09:37 AM

Thank you so much ya'll. LOL--Julie on the Nutella. The really dangerous thing is that the Nutella over there is way better and creamier (and much more natural) than our variety here. Lori--like you I am also a penny pincher--so I understand about the furnace. Those bills skyrocket quickly. It my own observation I think once your bill goes up, it's hard to get it down again. LOL--I guess kinda like weight! Hope you stayed warm last night. Yep, I am married to a skinny too! LOL--he hates it when I put my fingers or toes on him at night--LOL.

Thighs Be Gone 12-10-2009 09:39 AM

Lori I see you dropped 2 more pounds since I left. WOOHOO!!!!! Dang you are gettin' small!

JulieJ08 12-10-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3042213)
Thank you so much ya'll. LOL--Julie on the Nutella. The really dangerous thing is that the Nutella over there is way better and creamier (and much more natural) than our variety here.

I have heard that :) Now I am more jealous :hug:

BTW, I didn't say congratulations for maintaining. I just loved your descriptions of getting exercise amongst all those fabulous sights!

kittycat40 12-10-2009 01:48 PM

Welcome back :) You were missed. AND huge congrats on another milestone!!!!

Lori259 12-10-2009 07:49 PM

Yep~thighs~2 more pounds....Just 18 to go to reach my original goal...I may lose a few more once I get to there But if My belly is decent and not doing the muffin top at 150 then I am staying there. LOL
By figuring I think I will be in about a size 6 at that weight...That sounds super to me...But ya never know I thought an 8 would be too but my belly is Big still Other than the belly I am totally satisfied with the rest. ~UGH! LOL

Judy Lynn 12-12-2009 01:21 PM

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip! And Congrats on maintaining your weight. That is a major accomplishment. I absolutely love Paris. We were just there in June. Notre Dame is so beautiful.