What are you reading-Dec 2009

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Another month. Year is moving fast!! Tell us all what you are reading this month.

Just started Such A Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster. She is amazing. Love her style.
  • I have just started the Sookie Stackhouse Series (True Blood)
  • Just started Christmas Spirit by Amy Garvey
  • Quote: I have just started the Sookie Stackhouse Series (True Blood)
    Awesome books, love the show too.
  • I'm so saturated with work right now. So I'm reading...
    "The Tempest" William Shakespeare
    And a book on the 7 Deadly Sins and their effect on the psychological mindset of society.
    For fun, I'm trying to get through the Spoils of time Trilogy again.
  • I'm starting Aunt Dimity's Christmas...its a light mystery series that I love

and I just finished The Midwife...a midwive's story from 1950 in England.

I have 4 more books to make it to 100 for the year
  • I'm going to start Sue Grafton's newest book..U is for Undertow. I'm soooooooo excited that it's finally out. I started reading these books when I was a teenager (my mom bought some of them at a used book sale). I hate that the series is almost over. But it takes a few years for the next book to come out, lol.
  • The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. I think this will take me ALL month and part of January! I'm in a reading rut and don't feel like reading much. I think it's the early darkness.
  • Gave up on Christmas Spirit: the ghost angle sucked me in but it's one of those sexy (too much sexy) contemporary romances I don't really care for (I'm no prude by any means but I don't care for play-by-play descriptions of the guy going "inside", knowhutimean?). Started Merry Merry Ghost by Carolyn Hart instead: it's a ghost story but it's a thriller, and it's cute
  • Quote: The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. I think this will take me ALL month and part of January! I'm in a reading rut and don't feel like reading much. I think it's the early darkness.
    I've read Atlas Shrugged but have not yet had a chance to read The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged started slow but definitely got better. It's one of my favorites, along with To Kill A Mockingbird and A Confederacy of Dunces. (My all time favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn; have read it many times.)

Right now I'm reading a book I picked up in a thrift store - The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. This is the first book I've read by her and I am really enjoying it. Good for light reading, which is the reading mood I find myself in these days.
  • Right now I'm in the middle of "Wicked-The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire.

It has its moments...
  • Quote: I've read Atlas Shrugged but have not yet had a chance to read The Fountainhead. Atlas Shrugged started slow but definitely got better. It's one of my favorites, along with To Kill A Mockingbird and A Confederacy of Dunces. (My all time favorite book is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn; have read it many times.)

Right now I'm reading a book I picked up in a thrift store - The Beach House by Mary Alice Monroe. This is the first book I've read by her and I am really enjoying it. Good for light reading, which is the reading mood I find myself in these days.
    Good to know--thanks! I'm about 25 chapters into the book now, but it must have several hundred chapters! It's good, but it does move slow. Perhaps that's one reason I'm not feeling that I'm in a reading mood much right now.
  • Quote: Awesome books, love the show too.
    Yes! The best part about the TV series is that it is comepletely different from the books so you don't have to worry about spoilers!
  • Quote: Right now I'm in the middle of "Wicked-The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West" by Gregory Maguire.

It has its moments...
    I have tried that one 3 times now and only make it to colledge and not much further then that. one of these times I'm just going to say forget it and read it all the way through. I like what i have read but it just gets so slow for me.
  • Quote: Good to know--thanks! I'm about 25 chapters into the book now, but it must have several hundred chapters! It's good, but it does move slow. Perhaps that's one reason I'm not feeling that I'm in a reading mood much right now.
    According to my son, it's not nearly as long as Atlas and a somewhat easier read. (I think AS is about 1200 pages long). For a very quick Ayn Rand read, try Anthem. It takes about an hour to read.

I call it "Atlas Shrugged for Dummies." But that's not really fair; a better description would be to call it the Cliff Notes for Atlas Shrugged, as it is a very basic outline of her philosophy. AS fills in the details.