3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General chatter (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter-72/)
-   -   I Am Absolutely DISGUSTED! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-chatter/186966-i-am-absolutely-disgusted.html)

EZMONEY 11-23-2009 07:43 PM

I Am Absolutely DISGUSTED!

Last night on the American Music Awards, which I didn't watch, something happened that I think shows how far we have fallen in our society.

Our very own Adam Lambert....one of American Idol's best (well...in a lot of people's opinion ;)) put on a routine that thoroughly disgusted me. There was so much news on it today I had to watch...just had to.

This is a guy that was watched and "idolized" by millions of young teen-agers across our nation. I happen to live within 30 miles of where he grew up...his high school had Adam Lambert Day....so what does he do...well we puts on a show where he...

Whips some men/women? in bondage ...

pulls a woman's face to his crotch...

kisses another man...

grabs his own crotch...

fingers a woman on a pole....

Now ABC knew bazillions would be watching to see what MJ was going to win...many young people...

Why would they allow this raunchy garbage to be shown?

I just don't get it...

But then I don't get all the awards Taylor Swift is getting either...but I sure like the way she presents herself! :)

Is it because I am just an old (55) fogey now?

Lori259 11-23-2009 07:54 PM

Yeah he is a real sicko! But it's all thanks to reality t.v. They have turned everything into a circus! it's like A CIRCUS ON BROADWAY! I watched the whole thing ~I Am a fan of whitney Houstons & was thrilled to hear her sing live & act well mannered and was dressed beautifully!

Ez I do not get it either & I am 33(will be 34 in 13 days LOL) So I guess I am becoming an old fogey too LOL!

k8t 11-23-2009 07:56 PM

EZMONEY, I agree with you. I don't think you are an "old fogey".

LittleMoonRabbit 11-23-2009 08:09 PM

a. that performance was gross. Seriously, I am pretty liberal when it comes to censorship... but there was no need for that.

and

b. I think his performance sucked, lol. What happened to his voice?

HaleyisLove 11-23-2009 08:18 PM

he is trying to be the male version of Lady Gaga :)

Windchime 11-23-2009 08:26 PM

The thing that gets me is that when he is not screaming, he has a beautiful voice. Absolutely beautiful. But that was.....wow. Just all kinds of uncomfortable to watch. Lady Gaga is bewildering to me, but at least she sounded good last night.

Honestly, I was equally uncomfortable watching Shakira do her pelvic thrusting on stage. That was nearly as gross as what Adam did. I tuned in for the music, not for to see people crudely mimicking sex. My mom called me and said, "No wonder our country is going to **** in a handbasket!"

mandalinn82 11-23-2009 08:28 PM

Quote:

Now ABC knew bazillions would be watching to see what MJ was going to win...many young people...

Why would they allow this raunchy garbage to be shown?
This part I can comment on, at least...it was a live show. They tried to pan the cameras when objectionable things happened, and pulled the performance from West Coast airings altogether. So one has to assume he added some parts of it in after rehearsals.

In interviews he stated that he was trying to address the double standard between provocative performances by female artists (which are rarely censored, even if its an underage girl like Miley Cyrus pole dancing or almost anything by Britney Spears nowadays) and male artists (who are censored if they are overtly sexual onstage).

I have seen an awful lot of overt sexuality from female singers, and I do see his point, but wonder if that was quite the way to get it across.

EZMONEY 11-23-2009 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 3023402)

In interviews he stated that he was trying to address the double standard between provocative performances by female artists (which are rarely censored, even if its an underage girl like Miley Cyrus pole dancing or almost anything by Britney Spears nowadays) and male artists (who are censored if they are overtly sexual onstage).

I have seen an awful lot of overt sexuality from female singers, and I do see his point, but wonder if that was quite the way to get it across.

Oh Favorite One...I can understand his point...totally...and anyone that has been around here long enough knows I am all male and have NO PROBLEM seeing Britney in "sexy" clothes/dances....

BUT....that doesn't make it right either!

And it isn't something we should allow the media to present to us...

my kids are grown...but I hope to have grand kids one day...

I can't even imagine what I would have thought or could say to a pre-teen/teen grandaughter or grandson of mine if they were watching with me...

of course by that time I will be at least 65-70 and sound asleep by the time the show came on...thank God! ;)

mandalinn82 11-23-2009 08:52 PM

As I said, I don't think it was the way to get it across - just stating what he said in interviews, to provide context on motivation, and saying that I understand his point, but don't think he approached it well at all.

EZMONEY 11-23-2009 09:00 PM

I'm sorry kiddo...I never thought in a million years that you would think what he did was appropriate...

I was just quoting you to go further on my thoughts w/o having to type it all in!

Aclai4067 11-23-2009 09:07 PM

You can't be too much of an old fogey, I'm 24 and I've totally never heard of this guy. Granted pop music isn't my thing; it's usually pretty inescapable.

Lori259 11-23-2009 09:22 PM

Ez ~my daughter was watching upstairs on her t.v. and clicked off the t.v.
&
She is 16!! She though it was all ridiculous!! I WAS SO AGGRAVATED THAT IT WAS ON T.V.

Windchime 11-23-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandalinn82 (Post 3023402)
This part I can comment on, at least...it was a live show. They tried to pan the cameras when objectionable things happened, and pulled the performance from West Coast airings altogether. So one has to assume he added some parts of it in after rehearsals.

Actually, I'm on the west coast and I saw it. I didn't see one of the simulated acts that was supposedly mimed because apparently that act was edited out for the West Coast feed.....is that what you meant? What I saw was bad enough, so I guess I'm glad they edited that other stuff out.

Speaking of the AMA's in general; some of the songs were more silence (from bleeping out bad words) than they were song. That was pretty ridiculous. If you want your "song" (and I use the word loosely, since rap isn't really singing so much as chanting) to be heard, then don't have so many bad words that the network has to bleep half your song out. Jeez.

It's pretty bad when Green Day is the tamest thing on the show! (I love Green Day, so that was the high light to me).

nelie 11-23-2009 09:47 PM

I don't watch music awards or what not but I've seen glimpses over the past 20 years. Many people thought people like Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, have had over the top performances or even Jimi Hendrix was pretty raunchy. I still remember Madonna widely humping a bed and groping her stage dancers and I was probably 13 when I saw that? Now I don't know who Alex Lambert is but I can say that it isn't something new to music.

Of course musicians do get away with it to some extent because it falls under the realm of 'art'. I can say I don't appreciate all forms of art and some things people call art doesn't seem anything like art to me at least. Of course musicians should recognize at some point that people don't enjoy their form of 'art' and may stop watching them due to that. I don't think it has negatively affected too many other musicians in the past though.

EZMONEY 11-23-2009 10:04 PM

Oh don't get me started on rap WINDCHIME...I'm the one that said it wouldn't last...20-25 years ago I think....ouch!!!

NELLIE... my dear ex-neighbor...I understand what you are saying...some artists lived on the "edge" at times...I really feel last night's show not only went to the edge but deep...deep into the gutter....