General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #1  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Default OT- Worry wart

Hi everyone,

Lately, I have been feeling extremely blessed/fortunate. I know that's a strange statement to start with, but it's the truth. I thoroughly enjoy my life. I love my friends, I love my husband, my family, my pets, my apartment, my healthy lifestyle, and myself. I am honestly and truly thankful for every day on this planet.

And it makes me paranoid. I feel like I am just too darn lucky for my own good, and that the universe is going to have to compensate at some point. I see suffering on the news, I hear about it from other people, and because I work with the public, I see it every day. While I enjoy my life, and try to live life to the fullest, I often wonder when the "big equalizer" is going to come.

Am I crazy, or do other people ever feel this way too?

btw, I know that worrying over something that may or may not come (and that I'll never see coming) is pretty pointless... but I feel like if I don't worry, that's when it's gonna hit, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #2  
happy in her own world

S/C/G: 260/260/130

Height: 5'2"

you are not alone. for me, for the first time in my life- everything is lining up into place and things are truly GOOD! I do struggle with anxiety on a regular basis- but this waiting for the bad things to start... it's hard! I know I should be enjoying the good while it's here instead of worrying about the imminent bad that's coming... but I just can't stop myself. No real words of wisdom, just wanted you to know you're not alone.
lizziep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #3  

I sometimes feel this way too. My life has never been better and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life. I do wonder sometimes if I'm just being set up!

But I try to enjoy each day and not worry about the things I can't control. If something is going to happen, it's going to happen whether I worry about it or not.
Darby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:58 AM   #4  

So strange that you chose right now to post this!! On Tuesday I was having the EXACT SAME THOUGHTS!!!

Right now, my life is exactly where I want/need for it to be--a healthy little boy and a baby on the way. Good husband, secure job with GREAT benefits and pay, and FINALLY getting all my bills paid to the point where I have money left over PLUS saving toward our land/house.

Well, when is the bottom going to fall out? Yep, it scares me, too when things are so good!!

I'm trying to look at it like this, though: maybe all this GOOD stuff now is a reward for all the year I spent struggling trying to get here. Maybe instead of the bottom falling out, I spent all that time laying a FIRM foundation.

4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote